Treat your taste buds on a most memorable culinary tour in Kissamos Region, Chania, Crete in order to discover the local gastronomy.
We start our tour with a visit at a little honey bee garden where we will have an “in situ” presentation of the beehive and the special handling of the bees (protective equipment provided). We taste organic thyme honey and pollen, and enjoy the most healthy brunch; local herb tea with honey, sesame bar with honey, rakomelo (honey based alcohol shot) and juicy fresh season fruit.
Then we head to a local Winery where having a tour around the facilities, learn interesting things about the charming process of winemaking, taste authentic local wines and savour a delicious local snack.
We enjoy our locavore lunch in the yard of an authentic Cretan house. We taste dishes made of pure traditional products and recipes based on the Cretan nutrition, fresh seasonal salads and local wine. Here you will feel the hospitality and taste the difference of real food prepared just for you.
Price per person:
€95 / per person
- 2 English/Spanish speaking guides
- Authentic cretan lunch with white wine
- All Snacks and drinks
- All transfers
Available every Wednesday & Saturday (If you want the tour for another day please contact us)
* Persons per group: 4-7 adults
Depart from Chania and flexible with times
Good to know :
- Cruise-friendly tour (This activity is ideal for those who are cruising)
- We recommend to wear or have with you long pants and socks with closed shoes for the honey bee garden visit.The upper body protection will be given by us.
- The tour is also available on a private basis.
- Vegetarian meal on request
Please contact us for prices and more information.