Tastes of Crete is a hands-on journey through Crete’s culinary traditions designed for food lovers and cooking enthusiasts.
An insight into regional cuisine, a key element of the island’s culture, this creative activity highlights the simple, seasonal foods of Crete.
The fertile Cretan earth with the rich wild flora offers a wonderful variety of edible greens, which are the main ingredient of the most exciting dishes of the Cretan cuisine. The famous aromatic wild herbs are used in the local cuisine upgrading even the most ordinary materials.
Friendly and informal, it features a visit to the lively local market, with a tasting of local cheese and olives, followed by hands-on instruction and lunch at a 17th century farmhouse surrounded by organic gardens, just a short drive from Chania. The location has been selected for its character and ambience, which makes for a perfect backdrop.
Accompanied by a knowledgeable guide, guests discover how to prepare a number of traditional Cretan dishes under the directions of a local lady cook.
Those who prefer to take a less active role may choose to just relax and appreciate the atmosphere.
Our fun experience culminates at the table, where together, drinking Cretan wine, we will enjoy the food and the company.
A Rough rundown of tour program
- Meet your driver and guide at your hotel. Visit Chania’s food market for tastings : 45 min
- Drive to the Farmhouse: 15 min
- Meet your host cook, roll up your sleeves and prepare the day’s menu :+/- 2 hrs
- Wander around the farmhouse.: 30 min
- We move out to a shaded dining table to enjoy a splendid meal, prepared entirely by you, complemented by wine.: 1 hr
- Return to your hotel with a handful of local recipes and memories to share with your family and friends: 30 min drive
Please note, that all private tours focus on authenticity, interaction and seamless service and reflects our personal insights and expert knowledge of the island. Please feel free to contact us for more inspirational suggestions. Our team is always happy to pull off a fabulous tailor made proposal and give our guests the opportunity to discover the island’s beauty and culture in a way that goes beyond the usual, showcasing "the other" Crete.
Prices per tour : 747.50 Euros ( 3-4 people), 860.00 Euros ( 5-6 people), 975.00 Euros ( 7-8 people)
Transport with a/c deluxe mini van from your hotel in / near Chania,
English speaking guide
Hands-on cooking class (menu varies depending on season)
Full lunch with wine
Duration : +/- 5 hrs
Suggested Start Time : 09.30 AM
Cancellation policy :
08 days or more prior to tour : no penalty
07-02 days : 50%
01 day or less : full charge
Please Note :
- In case the specific tour chosen can not materialize because of weather or other conditions beyond our control, clients will be able to reschedule for another day or will be offered a replacement tour. If the options offered are not accepted by clients, the tour is cancelled and is fully refundable.
- We retain the right to cancel a tour in case of non sufficient participation – since we run each tour for a minimum of 4 persons.
Please contact us for pricing and further information