Abelos Villa consists of two adjoining traditional houses in a beautiful country location at edge of the historic Roustika Village near Rethymno, Crete.
A beautiful restoration of an old building which dates back to 1810. The two wonderfully restored village houses with wood beams, fireplaces, open terraces and courtyards, colourful gardens, open views and a large swimming pool offers tranquility and comfort combined with personal, warm hospitality.
The houses have been lovingly adapted and furnished, to provide charm and comfort. Many windows have soothing, pretty views.
The houses have several terraces, added to the expansive poolside terrace and areas to sit in the gardens. This provides a constant stream of variety to the pleasures to be had from the place.
Eleni the owner will welcome you with warmth always. Abelos is set at the "front" of Roustika village, with views from the houses and gardens across fertile valleys to the distant sea and the horizon. The whole offers you a delightful home base for relaxation.
Roustika village has an open, elevated location, some narrow cobblestone streets, arches, old houses and a lovely traditional kafeneio by the square.
And if you can prize yourself away from this lovely little village and your "country seat" within it, there is much opportunity for splendid drives and exploration in the centre of Crete, with its impressive mountains and friendly villages.
Stretching your journey for 25 minutes in one direction you can be on sandy beaches or the old town of Rethymno. In the other direction (to the south), in 20-30 minutes, you are on yet another coast and dipping toes in the Libyan sea.
- Hotel Name: Abelos Villa
- Area: Rethimno, Roustika
- Why Go: Lovely Views, Family-Friendly, Village Atmosphere, Pool, Relaxed, Rural
Why we like it
- Excellent warm hospitality by Eleni the owner.
- Peaceful rural setting with a village atmosphere.
- The houses have been lovingly adapted and furnished and provide a charm and comfort.
- Lovely views from the houses and gardens across fertile valleys to the distant sea view and horizon.
- At Roustica, there are many local fiestas as "Koura", the shearing of sheep and the grape-harvest in September. And of course the olive picking from the end November.
- Nearby the small, picturesque town of Rethymno and just a few kilometers to the most beautiful beaches to the south, Plakias, Preveli, Rodakino, Triopetra, Ligres. The drive to the beaches on the south coast is an experience.
- Make sure to visit and have food in the local taverna!
What to know
- The two houses share the same pool (sometimes could be ideal).
- The staircases can be steep for some people.
- You need to rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Pool:||Yes||Village Atmosphere :|
|Dining:||No. Self Catering Houses||Nice atmosphere :|
|Children:||All ages welcome||Quality of Service :|
|Closed:||Never||Weddings & Groups :|