This is a feel-good hotel without any formality and most of the staff have been around for years and many guests are regulars, which comes as no surprise as the place is astonishingly good value.
Ammos Hotel, a stylish mini-resort with smart design, attention to every detail, instinctive hospitality, great food.
The unique charm at Ammos is one part calm one part design and one part comfort. The mixture is just superb. The layout of the hotel flows effortlessly, with its lounge, terraces, pool, and beach access. The beach is public but Ammos maintains its own beach chairs and palm umbrellas for guests.
With pool and ocean adjacent to each other you can easily satisfy your bathing notions. There is always a perfect place available to lie in the sun.
Ammos family-minded (Nikos is everywhere at once) Hotel has 30 studios and 3 family suites. Most studios have direct sea view and private balconies to enjoy it from. The family suites have garden view. The beach is superb, sandy and defined by a promontory of land that screens this oasis from Chania itself.
Studios are colourful, modern and have creative design flourishes. All have twin beds joined together (except for the 3 "honeymoon" deluxe studios that have double beds and other extras), kitchenettes, sleek bathrooms with smart shower cabinets, satellite TV, direct dial phone, high speed internet access and safe box. All rooms and interior areas are non-smoking (smokers can smoke on their balcony and in outdoor areas).
Well kept and planted gardens define the areas around Ammos hotel. A cafe and restaurant serves very good food with well-prepared local dishes and any drinks and refreshments you might like.,/p>
A decent sized swimming pool with lounge chairs and that delightful sea view (magical at sunset!), are there for your enjoyment. This is a heated pool with an environmentally friendly pool heating system. Pool water maintains at approximately 24-25 Celsius degrees.
A small library and cafe-bar are available for your entertainment. Parking space is provided for all guests.
This is a find, allowing you to enjoy Chania's intriguing and romantic waterfront, shops, great restaurants and wonderful cafes, its fantastic naval museum - yet stay at your own oasis by the beach to relax. A friendly, decorative and charming place to stay with style and fine service - where you can truly enjoy beach and town ... the best of both worlds.
- Hotel Name: Ammos Hotel
- Area: Chania, Agii Apostoloi
- Why Go: Elegant, Modern, Relaxed, Food & Wine, Honeymoon, Lovely Views, Quality of Service, Restaurant
Why we like it
- The hotel itself is fantastically authentic with a wonderful position on the beach and wonderful tastefully decorated rooms ... a very elegant and design enviroment.
- Lovely, friendly, well trained staff always ready to help you and of course Nikos the owner is always there to arrange anything in 5 minutes. He is one of a rare breed of hotel owners.
- A sandy, shallow and sheltered (great for kids) beach. Ammos attracts interesting, friendly holiday-makers, adding to what makes the hotel special.
- A great combination of a peaceful beach resort just minutes away from Chania's most beautiful town for nightlife, shopping and museums.
- The memory of falling asleep and waking up to the sounds of the waves each day is still fresh in my mind
- Ask Nikos for directions to Dounias, a taverna hidden in the foothills of the White Mountains. Everything from the goat to the aubergines comes from the owner's farm and is slow-cooked in a wood-fired oven.
What to know
- You have to prebook especially for July, August and September when the hotel is often fully booked.
- Ammos located at a suburban area and rather touristic, but you forget all of them as soon as you step into this charming small hotel.
- Ammos is a family friendly hotel and is ideal for kids because of the sandy beach, the shallow water and the separate kids' pool.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Mid-Size Hotels||Architecture & style :|
|Pool:||Yes & Children's Pool||Family :|
|Dining:||Restaurant and Bar||Quality of Service :|
|Children:||Welcome||Family hospitality :|