This magical place ...
Apothikes Seaside Private Apartments, four old locust warehouses that are fully transformed into modern & recently refurbished apartments located on the sandy, magical Ferma beach, 10 km from Ierapertra on the way to Sitia in south-eastern Crete.
The blue of the Libyan sea, the fascinating beach, the serenity of the landscape combined with the famous Cretan hospitality will make your holiday unforgettable, special, relaxing.
The four colorfoul seaside apartments, each in individual blue, green, yellow or orange color, can accommodate 2-6 people.
They are fully equipped with A/C, TV and fully equipped kitchen, they are the right choice for relaxation and tours around the magnificent wild life of Crete.
The owner family living nearby and is ready to welcome and care for their guests. Ideal base for a relaxed vacation by the sea in a pleasantly uncrowded beach (except July, August). Good swimming and boat trips to Koufonisi and Chrissi Island.
Kakia Skala Beach or Ferma Beach is located 46km southeast of Agios Nikolaos and 9km east of Ierapetra. It's a pretty beach, not developed at all, although it is adjacent to the main road connecting Ierapetra with Makrigialos. It is located at the exit of the lush Gorge of Milonas with the waterfalls, that are worth a visit. The beach is partly sandy and pebble with calm clear waters and on the back side of beach there is some shade under tamarisk trees.
There are no umbrellas and you will find a tavern next to the beach. Most locals use to call the beach as Kakkos because of the nearby Kakkos Bay Hotel (same owners with Apothikes), located 200m on the west. Only few of them call it Kakia Skala. Therefore most of people know the beach as “The beach east of Kakkos Bay”.
Explore other fairly quiet beaches nearby like Koutsounari, Agia Fotia, Galini, Achlia and Mavros Kolimbos or the interesting villages of Pefki and Agios Stefanos in the mountains above Makrigialos. Walk a small gorge in the area or visit the Kapsa Monastery nearby. Visit Ierapetra and take a boat trip to Chrissi Island (Gaidouronisi), with the white sands and cedar trees.
- Hotel Name: Apothikes Seaside Apartments
- Area: Lasithi, Ferma
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting, Family-Friendly, Lovely Views, Romantic, Relaxed
Why we like it
- Its exceptional position on the headland gives them superb views and approach to the sea, the village, surrounding mountains and a breeze to keep things cool.
- The sandy/pebble beach has a very gentle incline that makes it particularly suitable for children.
- A wonderful place to relax. Fantastic location and well decorated. The owner Evaggelia and her team is very helpful.
- Fish restaurants and waterfront tavernas on your doorstep.
- Eastern Crete invites exploration providing deep gorges, remote coves, monasteries, Minoan palaces, small mountain villages.
What to know
- There’s a preferred minimum stay of a week.
- There is not a frequent bus connection down to Apothikes, We highly recommend a car rental.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Beach/Seaside :|
|Rooms:||4||Architecture & style :|
|Pool:||No||Cheap & Chic :|
|Dining:||No||Marvelous view :|
|Closed:||December to February||Honeymoon :|