A place for calm and friendliness ... a place to forget the world.
Agia Roumeli is much more than the exit of Samaria Gorge and it is so pity that most of the people don't stay longer in order to explore this lovely place.
It is a unique place nestled between breathtakingly high and wild mountains and a long beach of fine pebble by the deep blue, crystal clear Libyan sea. A place to relax and switch off the outside world, walking and hiking trails through unspoilt and protected nature and of course visit the Samaria Gorge National Park.
It is possible to spend weeks exploring this beautiful area and our best option for accommodation is Artemis Studios.
Artemis Studios is blissfully set away from the Samaria Gorge entrance (therefore it is a quiet place), on the outskirts of Agia Roumeli and 150m from the pebble beach, and has 12 self-catering studios accommodating up to five people.
The Viglis family offers a warm and gracious hospitality and has timeless routes in the area as the family originates from the village of Samaria. It offers one of the best acitvities in the area as well, the Samaria Experience.
Each air-conditioned studio is suitable for 2-4 persons and has a living-room with an attractive dining corner. It has a pretty built-in kitchenette with a practical work bench, a shower/WC and one or two balconies. A wooden staircase leads to a sleeping gallery with either one double bed and one single bed or two built-in double beds, depending on the unit.
Each kitchen is equipped with refrigerator, cooking hobs, kettle, frying pan, dishes, glasses and cutlery.
Small groups are welcome and there is a shaded outdoor veranda under pine trees located a few minutes walk away where small workshops (yoga for example) could be run.
- Hotel Name: Artemis Studios - Agia Roumeli
- Area: Chania, Agia Roumeli
- Why Go: Adventure, Countryside, Friendly Environment, Mountains, Quiet Location, Relaxed, Village Atmosphere
Why we like it
- Agia Roumeli is a small secluded and calm village, located 56km south of Chania, on a wide bay shaped at the exit of the Samaria Gorge.
- If you choose to stay in the village for at least one night, then you will have the opportunity to admire this beautiful place with its unique people and the stunning natural beauty.
- Don't miss to taste local delicious food at family's tavern.
What to know
- The best view is the corner room on the second floor that has great sea view!
- The only way to reach the village is either through the gorge or by the ferry from Chora Sfakia Loutro, Paleochora and Sougia.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Young Couples :|
|Rooms:||12||Village Atmosphere :|
|Children:||Welcome||Nice atmosphere :|
|Closed:||November to March||Family :|