Elia Traditional Hotel is a place you feel lucky to find. This building of age has been adapted to become a tempting inn. This is well-done.
Rooms have character, old beams and stone give the feel of a generations-old quality home. Has some of the atmosphere of a smaller "Parador". Each of the nine suites has its own character and is decorated with antique furniture and objects d'art - all for harmony with a peerlessly placid environment. Views towards Kolymbari and the peninsula and yet far out to sea from a lush green hillside.
If you need help becoming the relaxed person that Elia creates - the steam room or sauna will do the trick. Otherwise just enjoy the places to sit, food (requested in advance), lounge around the pool (which is wisely kept at bay from the main building and gardens).
Garden, fruit trees and an ancient and enormous oak tree you can sit under, complete the picture of perfect enjoyment.
Since 2013 Elia, eco friendly hotel, on the continuing effort to offer better services and facilities to her guests : new Solar water 'eco-friendly' heater, new ‘silent’ air-conditioning units in all rooms, new ‘silent’ mini-bar fridge in each room, new television in each room, new sun-beds around pool, Air-conditioning in all bedrooms in Villa Elanthi.
Convenient for Chania (25 minutes) and visits to Deliana gorge, St John the Hermit's cave (amazing!), the Old Christian Rotonda church. Visit the oldest olive tree "in the world" (more than 2000 years old), from which they cut the olive wreath ("kotinos") for the Olympic marathon gold medalist, within a short walk from Elia.
Horse-riding is possible in the nearby Deres horse farm. There are many old villages within walking distance and a short drive. The nearest place to eat and enjoy refreshments is a 8 minute drive.
The beach and waterfront cafes & tavernas at Kolymbari are 10 minutes by car. The nearest beach is 6 km. The renowned beaches of Balos and Gramvousa, Falassarna, Elafonissi and Paleochora are available to explore in the area.
- Hotel Name: Elia Traditional Hotel
- Area: Chania, Ano Vouves
- Why Go: Countryside, Quiet Location, Spa, Food & Wine, Mountains, Pool, Relaxed, Restaurant, Rustic
Why we like it
- The comfort, the setting, the quiet, the charm, the meals, the welcome, the spa, the large pool, and it could go on!
- The generous delicious breakfast with koulourakia biscuits and other fresh-baked Cretan cakes.
- Friendly and attentive service led by the excellent manageress Jo, an English woman who has lived in Greece for many years
What to know
- Some rooms especially the ones that are clustered around reception and dining terrace feature some lack of privacy; request rooms furthest from here, or book the separate Villa Elanthi, which has its own gardens and patio
- We recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent.
- Wifi access is provided just in public areas not in the rooms.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Nice atmosphere :|