Fatma Hanoum Boutique Hotel, an historical mansion harmoniously combining Venetian and Ottoman architectural styles, is located in a charming, narrow alley in the heart of Chania’s Old Harbor in Crete.
The hotel is a beautiful building, excellently designed, graced with friendly, warm hospitality. A journey into the past!
This fine mansion with its tasteful, warm décor, was once owned by the family of a Turkish army officer and was named after his beautiful daughter.
The Fatma Hanoum Hotel, renovated with care and attention to detail, has been lovingly restored to its former glory.
The modern design and facilities are combined with the romance of the era and the spirit of the picturesque old town of Chania. Wood, stone, and glass are harmoniously combined with modern furniture and high quality products such as the i-compatible stereo, espresso machine, and the beds of Coco-Mat (natural sleep products) complete with Tempur-Pedic pillows. They have also included small details like essential supplies delightfully hidden in the drawers.
The 6 luxurious, comfortable, and stylish rooms and suites are fully equipped to provide a lavish atmosphere. Some have a balcony or terrace. They all offer a cozy, intimate ambiance with excellent sound insulation to protect your dreams while you relax in the heart of the vibrant city of Chania. Ambient lighting, colors, modern furniture, elegant curtains, flat screens, and luxurious bathrooms with unique handmade tiles and white linen, create a blend of elegance, magical atmosphere, and a special extra dimension of hospitality. Air conditioning (hot-cold), ceiling fan, sound insulation, direct dial telephone, free Wi-Fi Internet, espresso machine, mini-bar, LED TV (satellite & radio channels) hairdryer, wake-up call, and bath amenities are all part of the experience at Fatma Hanoum.
A sumptuous, certified Greek Breakfast using Cretan products is served daily on the Patio.
The bar, colorful and bohemian, is centered around a patio with a particularly interesting mosaic floor, lounges with lighted tables, and its fireplace. Guests can relish their sumptuous breakfast, a refreshing cocktail, or a selection of martinis and champagnes there. On the hotel’s sunny terrace, you can enjoy a glass of wine or a good book, connect to the internet, or simply relax in the sun. The terrace is equipped with sun beds and parasols. Bar service is provided.
Located right in the old town by the charming Old Venetian Harbor, Fatma Hanoum is ideally placed for exploring the narrow streets and alleyways with artisanal shops and traditional tavernas. The nearest beach is 500m away and the museums and fascinating traditional Chania Public Market are just a few minutes walking distance.
Located right in the old town by the charming Old Venetian harbour, Fatma Hanoum is ideally placed for exploring the narrow streets and alleyways with artisanal shops and traditional tavernas. The nearest beach is 500m away and the museums and fascinating traditional Chania market are just a few minutes walk.
Free public parking is available at a nearby location.
- Hotel Name: Fatma Hanoum Boutique Hotel - Chania
- Area: Chania, Chania Town
- Why Go: Design, Elegant, Friendly Environment, Honeymoon, Nightlife, Quality of Service, Romantic
Why we like it
- The Fatma Hanoum has been renovated with care and attention to detail and has been lovingly restored to its former glory.
- Marianne and her team are fantastic. They are always so helpful and welcoming. They happily go out of their way to make your stay amazing and memorable.
- Breakfasts are legendary with delicious Cretan products.
What to know
- The (green) Guzel room is the largest and the only one with a bathtub.
- Every room is different, with its own appeal. It would be difficult to choose only one as the best!
- The hotel is located in the heart of Chania’s old town, where the charming streets are very narrow and vehicles are not allowed. You are kindly requested to inform us about your arrival time in advance so that the helpful hotel staff can meet you and help you with your luggage and parking place.
- Be advised: You will need to book early, especially for the Suites.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Architecture & style :|
|Pool:||No||Nice atmosphere :|
|Dining:||Yes - Small Bar||Young Couples :|
|Children:||Welcome||Quality of Service :|
|Closed:||February||Family hospitality :|