The Komis building is across the narrow and little-trafficked road from the pebble and sand beach. The place has style, warmth, space and you feel special for staying there. Komis Studios is the best of Keratokambos.
The 15 studios vary in individual layout and style, all have interesting decor and the focus is on genuinely traditional furniture. Splendid views to the sea.
Air conditioning, TV, telephone, hair dryer, fridge/mini bar and safe box in all rooms (kitchen facilities are not available).
Some of the older aspects of the building do look old however (stone-like sinks in some bathrooms could do with renewal).
Email messages can be sent and received at the reception desk.
Good quality food is served in the restaurant (July & August). It is a joy to have your breakfast, take coffee or enjoy a drink in the gardens - or on your balcony or terrace looking out to the Libyan sea.
Komis studios, with its more creatively designed and conceived accommodation, its atmosphere and lush garden surroundings, is one of the few nicer small hotels to stay on the south coast of Crete. The suites have character and elements of style not normally found so close to the beach.
Keratokambos is a quiet village where you could enjoy beach and sea, fresh fish in tavernas and a spectacular mountain scenery nearby. Explore. Relax, swim, read, write or paint or just spend quality time with someone special. A favourite with local and foreign visitors.
- Hotel Name: Komis Studios
- Area: Heraklion, Keratokambos
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting, Quiet location, Relaxed, Lovely Views, Village Athmosphere
Why we like it
- You just cross the road (10m) and you ... enjoy the sea!
- Fish restaurants and waterfront tavernas on your doorstep.
- The south wind has the sense of Africa and the scent of cedar. The north wind mingles memories, legends, passions and expectations. In this place you can let go, leave your worries behind. But you will never forget!
What to know
- Keratokampos is a very quiet place favourite with local and foreign visitors.
- We recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Beach/Seaside :|
|Rooms:||15||Marvelous view :|
|Dining:||Breakfast||Village Atmosphere :|
|Children:||Welcome||Family hospitality :|
|Closed:||November - April|