This lovely place...
Four self-catering residences, with stunning sea views of the shining Libyan Sea and just steps away from a long sandy beach! This complex is the modest princess of one of the most special places in Crete: Xerokambos.
An unparalleled scenic location, with bright airy houses, and refreshing quality at a low price. Just unique.
The hotel, created with quality, comfort, and simplicity, offers accommodation all year round.
All houses have wondrous sea views and large terraces, each with its own unique, magnificent vantage. You will be surrounded by beautiful gardens, a relaxing atmosphere, and exceptional comfort.
It is a mere few meters walk (200m) from your house to the beach where you will discover little to distract from your relaxation and enjoyment, as the beach is always uncrowded and often empty.
Few places allow you to be in such close proximation to your own beach and the beckoning sea.
There are 3 types of houses: one independent villa (80m2, for up to 7 people, with two large bedrooms), two maisonettes (60m2, for up to 5 people, with one bedroom) and one ground-floor guest house (90m2, for up to 8 people, with two bedrooms).
Xerokambos, in the eastern part of Crete, is not in any way built up, so going out for a meal or a coffee or a drink allows for the choice of one of Xerokambos' several tavernas. One is only about 300 m away, others up to 2 km. Often, each taverna will coordinate and specialize their menu on a given night so that one may be grilling lamb, the other mainly chicken, and so on. We've found the quality of food to be very good.
600 m away is a mini-market, well-stocked with many foods and basic essential items.
The area has many caves and the splendid neighboring bay makes a magical picnic place. A better place to spend time right by the sea, in peaceful surroundings and with a dramatic mountain backdrop, is hard to imagine.
It may be that all you need here is a book and suntan lotion. (Although something to wear while swimming or visiting tavernas may be useful!)
Do note that Xerokambos is a long way away from anywhere! It does take some time to get in and out of the area and you should allow for this if you intend to explore eastern Crete from here.
- Hotel Name: Krinakia Villas - Xerokambos
- Area: Lasithi, Xerokambos
- Why Go: Quiet Location, Countryside, Family-Friendly, Friendly Environment, Lovely Views, Peaceful Rural Setting in Village, Relaxed, Romantic, Honeymoon, Beautiful Terraces and Gardens
Why we like it
- Excellent quality residences with sea view terraces and an exclusive position on long sandy beach.
- The extreme south-eastern coast of Crete is a gem with its topography of sweeping, cave-filled mountainsides, only breaking briefly for Xerokambos itself, before continuing on toward two long, sandy beaches and great swimming locations in beautiful waters.
- A great base to explore lovely eastern Crete.
What to know
- Hiring a car is a must and will allow you to explore the area better.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Rooms:||4.00||Cheap & Chic :|
|Pool:||No||Marvelous view :|
|Dining:||No||Young Couples :|
|Closed:||Never||Architecture & style :|