A great, small, hospitable boutique hotel with breakfast in the heart of Chania's charming old town, with views over the picturesque harbourfront with the venetian lighthouse and the sea.
Mama Nena is a charming, stylish, homey atmosphere, family-run boutique hotel open all year round; a superb option to enjoy this lovely small town and unique west Crete . It is has both a front view and a back view: the lighthouse and the sea to the north and the picturesque narrow streets of the Old Town against the backdrop of the beautiful White Mountains or Lefka Ori to the south.
Matina, Yiorgos or Eleni welcome warmly you as lead up the old wooden stairs and find yourself in a warm, dove grey breakfast area. Breakfasts are full Cretan style with home-made delicacies and preserves (some of them prepared by their mother Nena), fresh fruits and produce from our family farm, as well as other eclectic and traditional products.
It is their mother Nena who lived here as a girl, and whose family heirlooms - a mannequin dress form, a battered leather suitcase - lie artfully scattered around. The 15th century 4-storey house used to be their mother's home. The building has been fully restored with particular emphasis on quality and authenticity. The modern and minimalist surroundings recapture the atmosphere of the town house at the beginning of the 20th century.
Mama Nena offers one double room and 2 suites exhibit the same refreshing style and attention to detail but with their own individual décor.
Each room and suite is located on separate floors of the building and has a sea view overlooking Chania's picture-perfect harbourfront. The suites offer additional view to the picturesque back streets of the Old Town against the backdrop of the White Mountain range.
- Hotel Name: Mama Nena Charming Hotel
- Area: Chania, Chania Town
- Why Go: Design, Elegant, Friendly Environment, Quality Of Service, Lovely Views, Nightlife, Shopping, Honeymoon
Why we like it
- Stunning, beautiful, tasteful, individual boutique hotel with great views and location.
- Best value for money.
- Central location in the Venetian Old Town of Chania.
- Personal and friendly service.
What to know
- Despite the best quality of isolation and double glazed windows it could be some noise from the busy pedestrian streets around, especially if you sleep with the windows open. We do advise to use the A/C on this case.
- This is a Venetian building with 3 floors and without elevator (lift). Please discuss with us if you think walking up the staircase to your room might be a problem.
- Availability is likely to become a problem. Make your booking as soon as possible.
- No twin rooms but the two suites could be used as twin in case that one person sleeps in sofa bed.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Architecture & style :|
|Rooms:||3||City Style :|
|Dining:||Breakfast only||Nice atmosphere :|
|Children:||Welcome||Marvelous view :|
|Closed:||Never||Quality Of Service :|