"Great location" you think as you see the name of Mochlos villas on the wall when you turn off the zig-zag road down to Mochlos.
Just a bit above the village - 4-7 minutes walk ,standing on the hillside, (downhill or uphill) from the waterfront tavernas, with a view of Mochlos island and its archaeological ruins, and the blue sea stretching endlessly from the cluster of rooftops that make up the small village just below you.
Not far from the most delightful villages (Sfaka, Tourloti, Mirsini, Lastros) along the scenic coast road to Sitia, just a few minutes to Agios Nikolaos.
Mild in winter and of course sunny in summer, Mochlos Village is a quiet destination less than 90 minutes' coast drive from the main airport at Heraklion and 45 minutes from pleasant Sitia in the east. Agios Nikolaos with more bustle, more shops, restaurants of all prices, its combination of "lake", harbour and in-town beach is 30 minutes' drive away.
The villas, solid stone build, compact terrace-surrounded private swimming pools, each villa is independent, ensuring full privacy with its own surrounding area, its own verandas, patios and greenery, i and its own parking spaces, might well be the "villas that music built" for the owner is one of the foremost violinists and lyra players, composers and recording artists, in Greece.
This fine young Cretan musician has even sited his advanced recording studio beneath the villas (completely sound-proofed) and lays down tracks there when not touring as guest violin and lyra player, as recently, with the Greek national television symphony orchestra.
Combination of painted wood-framed windows, delicate soft colored floor tiles, quality air conditioning, amply equipped modern kitchens and bathrooms and a choice of two or four-bedroom villas. Private - for there are only three available for the fortunate few.
- Hotel Name: Mohlos Villas
- Area: Lasithi, Mochlos
- Why Go: Lovely Views, Pool, Relaxed, Rural, Private Pool
Why we like it
- Comfortable, well fitted villas with private pool, on a perch sea & island view, with the local feel of Mochlos Village.
- Mochlos fish village is one of the most peaceful and quiet villages in northern Lassithi and it remains still untouched by tourism.
- Maybe at Mochlos you will find some of the best fish taverns in Crete.
What to know
- Hiring a car will allow you to explore the area better ... if you wish that.
- There is not a bus connection down to the Mochlos Village.
- Here you will find just a small beach and many rocks to swim from.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Villas||Quality of Service :|
|Rooms:||3.00||Marvelous view :|
|Pool:||Yes||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||No||Architecture & style :|
|Closed:||November-March||Village Atmosphere :|