We're constantly scouring lovely Crete for cool new places, small Hotels, Crete has still a lot to show.
Monastery Estate is one of those places ... small, hospitable, with great nature around, nearby the beautiful isolated beach of Sougia and respect to humanity and its needs : simplicity, harmony, clean air, warm hospitality, relaxed atmosphere.
A recently renovated complex of houses originally built in early 19th century when was accommodating Vourakis family. The recent renovation combines uniquely the traditional rural architecture of the area and the village, with a contemporary essence of design and amenities offering a beautiful premise for romance, relaxation and family vacations.
Each two rooms’ apartment includes a spacious living room, a separate large bedroom, a fully equipped kitchen as well as its own private terrace.
It is located in Moni Village, named after the ancient Greek word «Μονή» i.e. "Monastery" due to the Byzanitne Chapel of Saint Nicolas and "Panagia Kera", the Chapel of Holy Mary. The Village is located in the south of Chania and just 5km away from the famous beach of Sougia in Libyan Sea.
Established in the late 15th century as a village of farmers and olive oil producers, was built in the coast of the famous rive of Santa Irene, ending destination of the second most famous gorge of Chania, Agia Eirini.
The village is now a unique relaxing destination that ideally combines a peaceful, traditional as well rural paradise within the mountains but also in close proximity to the sea.
- Hotel Name: Monastery Estate
- Area: Chania, Sougia , Moni Village
- Why Go: Adventure, Beautiful Terraces and Gardens, Friendly enviroment, Mountains, Peaceful Rural Setting in Village, Quiet location, Relaxed, Romantic, Rural, Village Athmosphere
Why we like it
- Moni Village is the perfect place for visitors looking for a relaxing holiday away from mass-tourism
- The place is about a 5min drive to Sougia and you’ll hear almost nothing aside from some goat bells in the night and the roosters in the morning.
- George the owner is call for you whenever you needed anything
What to know
- Not suitable for families with more than two children.
- We recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent (you cannot reach Villa Kerasia by public transport).
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Architecture & style :|
|Dining:||No||Nice atmosphere. :|
|Children:||Welcome||Village Atmosphere :|