Hidden in the lush gardens on the north side of the long, exotic Falassarna bay (one of the most famous beaches in Greece) on the west coast of Crete, Hotel Plakures is a bright, modern, quality, small hotel with 26 rooms and 9 apartments and is run by the Greek-German Vagionakis-Kramer family.
The main building with reception desk, restaurant and pool bar as well as the three guest houses are set in spacious grounds. Minimal and smart design aggregated with instinctive hospitality and small surprises are just a few secrets that make this resort so special.
Plakures reflects a modern and spacious architectural design using simple natural materials as Greek marble to give the rooms and bathrooms a special ambience and chosen simple and elegant furnishings to complete the atmosphere.
The spacious and decent sized swimming pool is a place for everybody. While the children enjoy the integrated children’s swimming pool, the grown-ups can have a swim, lie in the sun, have a drink at the pool bar or relax under the shade of the pergolas ... don't "forget" to enjoy the stunning view of the blue sea.
The more active are welcome to use the tennis court at the back side of the hotel.
A cafe and restaurant serves very good food with well-prepared local dishes and any drinks and refreshments you might like. Restaurant offers fresh Mediterranean cuisine, Cretan delicacies and a wide range of specialties made from Plakures' organic produce such as the olives and olive oil. grapes, cactus fruit, figs, oranges, lemons, pomegranates and avocados grow in the well kept gardens.
A rich breakfast is a perfect way to start your day: freshly squeezed orange juice, Greek yogurt, sun-ripened tomatoes and olives, freshly made waffles and a lot more.
Falasarna beach has been awarded as the best beach of Crete and one of the 10 best beaches in Europe in the past. Falasarna spans a huge area and consists actually of five consecutive beaches, with the two most central being the most favorite. The sand in Falassarna is white, making the water color tropical. Indeed, if you're lucky and be here on a day that is not blowing from the west, rare in west Crete, you will be captivated by the beach and its turquoise waters.
A friendly, decorative and charming place to stay with style and fine service - where you can truly enjoy beach.
- Hotel Name: Hotel Plakures
- Area: Chania, Falassarna
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting, Family-Friendly, Pool, Restaurant, Beautiful Terraces and Gardens, Food & Wine, Relaxed
Why we like it
- Falasarna beach has been awarded as the best beach of Crete and one of the 10 best beaches in Europe in the past.
- Plakures is a bright, friendly, modern, quality, decorative and charming place to stay with style and fine service - where you can truly enjoy beach.
- A nice restaurant to enjoy fresh Mediterranean cuisine, Cretan delicacies and a wide range of specialities made from Plakures organic produce.
What to know
- The hotel caters mostly to German guests, good to know.
- One negative thing about Falasarna beach is that it looks west and is usually wavy.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Mid-Size Hotels||Beach/Seaside :|
|Rooms:||35.00||Quality Of Service :|
|Pool:||Yes||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Restaurant - Bar||Family :|
|Children:||Yes||Nice atmosphere :|
|Closed:||October - April||Cheap & Chic :|