Modern and wonderfully positioned first class hotel is located on the waterfront of the venetian harbour in the Old Town of Chania, only 300m from the center of the city and 1500m from the nearest organized beach.
Fronting Chania’s glorious Venetian harbour, this property has the advantage of being close to the main sights, but far from the city’s noisy cafés.
Perfect comfortable base for enjoying the history of Chania, its cobbled pedestrian streets, cafes and shops. Waterfront restaurants, museums and the superb atmosphere created by the Venetian setting.
This is one of the truly comfortable hotels in Chania. Staff are professional, friendly and most helpful. Perfect for holiday and relaxation as well as business (we would all wish to have business in Chania!) travel.
Entered directly from a cobbled walkway fronting the Venetian harbour, this impeccably smart hotel, which is popular with couples, is a canny blend of modern and cosy, with gleaming tiled floors and cream walls, but also plenty of comfortable seating areas in reception and lots of thoughtful touches.
A quality hotel always comfortable. Breakfast dining room, attractive bar with outdoor waterfront seating area, rear garden.
Rooms have balcony (many with sea & harbour view), double glazing, excellent air conditioning/heating, telephone, TV, room service, no smoking rooms.
Porto Veneziano is one of the 100 first hotels has been adopted the official Greek Breakfast, a campaign from the Ministry of Tourism. That means that the hotel uses local suppliers, presents local dishes, delicacies and recipes, has fresh local produce (fruit, veggies, cheese, cold cuts etc).
Porto Veneziano is certified with the International Standard ISO 9001 : 2008 for the Quality Management System & ISO 22000 : 2005 (HACCP) for the Food Safety Management System.
Its policy is environmentally friendly and Porto Veneziano is one of the few hotels that use Geothermal Technology for cooling and heating.
In addition it offers to its valuable guests an indoor environment totally free of cigarette smoke.
- Hotel Name: Porto Veneziano
- Area: Chania, Chania Town
- Why Go: Lovely View To The Old Harbour, City Style, Friendly Environment, Art & Culture, Nightlife, Shopping
Why we like it
- The Hotel is located on the harbour, the location is excellent and all the points of interests are in walking distance.
- For guests seeking more legroom, junior suites have separate bedroom and lounge areas, bathrooms with tubs and large balconies with panoramic views over the city’s picturesque Venetian harbour. Larger superior suites, situated on the corner of the building, and opening out onto two sides, have the best sea views, plus extra well-equipped office space.
- The view to the port is stunning and staff is genuinely hospitable, helpful and friendly.
- Hotel offers to its valuable guests an indoor environment totally free of cigarette smoke.
- Its policy is environmentally friendly and Porto Veneziano is one of the few hotels that use Geothermal Technology for cooling and heating.
What to know
- Many rooms have a fine view of the harbour but that can also mean harbour noise early in the morning!
- After the renovation of 2013 all rooms and suites are fully renovated to a “minimal navy style”.
- There is one fully equipped room for guests with disabilities and there are ramps and lifts throughout the property.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Mid-Size Hotels||City Style :|
|Rooms:||57.00||Marvelous view :|
|Pool:||No||Nice atmosphere :|
|Dining:||Breakfast||Quality Of Service :|
|Children:||Yes||Family hospitality :|