Set amidst the Renaissance Venetian architecture of Rethymnon Old Town, Rimondi Boutique Hotels is located in a narrow, quiet alley along Rethymno’s charming old town, adjacent to its most important monuments, such as the Fortezza (the Venetian Fort), the Loggia, Rimondi Fountain, and the Church of St. Francis.
This small-scale hotel in a renovated Venetian palazzo is a good base for discovering Crete, Greece’s largest island, and for all those wishing to combine their sun and sea holiday with a unique connection to local history.
Rimondi Boutique Hotels comprises Rimondi Estate and Palazzo Rimondi, two separate historic properties positioned opposite to each other. Together, a romantic hotel within old medieval streets, close to the market, the restaurants and tavernas, and the picturesque harbour with its pristine beach.
Rimondi Estate offers a selection of 13 luxury suites, including a spa suite and a large pool and Jacuzzi in a tropical garden. Palazzo Rimondi surrounds an enchanting cobblestone courtyard with a circular pool and a bar and boasts 20 rooms and maisonettes. Both offer an unforgettable holiday within a highly atmospheric setting.
Rimondi is named after the Venetian commander of the town of Rethymno – Alvise Rimondi – who constructed the Rimondi Fountain in 1626 to address the water demands of the city. Today the fountain is still worthy of our admiration, residing in a beautiful location in Platanos Square in the old Venetian quarter of Rethymno.
Palazzo Rimondi is partially hosted within a building dating back to the Venetian occupation of Crete (1200 - 1600 AD) and bears obvious influences from the Renaissance. Thereafter followed a series of elaborate construction phases in the form of building additions during the Turkish occupation as well as in the 19th and 20th centuries. Nowadays, it is a pale pink and Sienna ochre coloured building, typically characteristic of the Renaissance, evoking an utmost idyllic and relaxing atmosphere all revolving around a large, central courtyard which boasts a mosaic pebble floor and a romantic, styled swimming pool.
Rimondi Estate offers luxurious 5* Accommodation with personalized concierge services and is the destination of choice for travellers wishing to be accommodated in surroundings of unique architecture and for those wishing to indulge in discreet luxury and refined elegance. Always in combination with a measure of cosmopolitanism. Sense the tranquillity, serenity, privacy, and the total relaxation in Rimondi's private garden and swimming pool with waterfall. A superb place for leisurely meals, leisurely drinks, and just plain … leisure.
Well-situated for discovering the manifold delights of this picturesque island, beautiful Crete, Rimondi Boutique Hotels is the sort of place you could come for a night – and end up staying a week.
- Hotel Name: Rimondi Boutique Hotels
- Area: Rethimno, Rethymno Town
- Why Go: Honeymoon,Friendly Environment,Design,Elegant,Art & Culture,Nightlife,Romantic
Why we like it
- Superb, gorgeous and atmospheric place to stay in the heart of the old town of Rethimno, steps away from the sandy beach and main sights.
- Rimondi is destined for travellers wishing to be accommodated in surroundings of unique architecture and for those wishing to indulge in discreet luxury and refined elegance.
- Friendly and helpful staff are happy to advise about sights and cater to personal requests.
- Relaxing, reading and lounging by the pool after a long day’s sightseeing.
What to know
- Mezzanine rooms may not be suitable for people with mobility problems – you could choose one of the single level Junior Suites instead.
- There’s no restaurant at Rimondi but there are dozens of tavernas within easy walking distance.
- WiFi is complimentary.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Mid-Size Hotels||Architecture & style :|
|Rooms:||33||City Style :|
|Dining:||No||Nice atmosphere :|
|Children:||Welcome||Young Couples :|
|Closed:||November to March||Beach/Seaside :|