Set amidst the Renaissance Venetian architecture of Rethymnon Old Town, Rimondi Boutique Hotels is located at a narrow quiets alley along old town Rethymno’s charming, adjacent to its most important monuments, such as the Fortezza (the Venetian Fort), the Loggia, the Fountain Rimondi and the Church of St.Francis.
This small scale hotel in a renovated Venetian palazzo is a good base for discovering Crete, Greece’s largest island and all them who wish to combine their sun and sea holiday with a unique contact to the local history .
Rimondi Boutique Hotels comprises Rimondi Estate and Palazzo Rimondi, two separate historic properties positioned opposite to each other a romantic hotel within the old medieval streets, close to the market, the restaurants and tavernas, and the picturesque harbour with its pristine beach.
Rimondi Estate offers a selection of 13 luxury suites including a spa suite and a large pool and Jacuzzi in a tropical garden, while Palazzo Rimondi surrounds an enchanting cobblestone courtyard with a circular pool and bar and boasts 20 rooms and maisonettes. Both of them offer an unforgettable holiday within a highly atmospheric setting.
Rimondi is named after the Venetian commander of the town of Rethymno -Alvise Rimondi- who constructed the Rimondi fountain in 1626 in order to partially cover the water demands of the city and today it is worthy of our admiration in a beautiful location in Platanos square in the old Venetian quarter of Rethymno.
Palazzo Rimondi is partially hosted within a building which dates back to the Venetian occupation of Crete (1200 - 1600 AD) and bearing obvious influences from the Renaissance. There followed a series of phases of elaborate construction in the form of building additions during the Turkish occupation, as well as, during the 19th and 20th century. Nowadays it is a pale pink and Sienna ochre colored building, typically characteristic of the Renaissance and creates an outmost idyllic and relaxing atmosphere which evolves around the large, central yard boasting a pebble floor and a romantic styled swimming pool.
Rimondi Estate offers luxurious 5* Accommodation with personalized concierge services and is destined for travelers wishing to be accommodated in surroundings of unique architecture and to those wishing to indulge in discreet luxury and refined elegance. Always in combination with ounces of cosmopolitanism. Sense the tranquility, serenity, privacy and the total relaxation in Rimondi's private garden and swimming pool with waterfall, a superb place for leisurely meals, leisurely drinks, and just plain leisure.
Well situated for discovering the manifold delights of this picturesque island, Rimondi Boutique Hotels is the sort of place where you could come for a night – and end up staying a week.
- Hotel Name: Rimondi Boutique Hotels
- Area: Rethimno, Rethymno Town
- Why Go: Honeymoon, Friendly Environment, Design, Elegant, Art & Culture, Nightlife, Romantic
Why we like it
- Superb, gorgeous and atmospheric place to stay in the heart of the old town of Rethimno, steps away from the sandy beach and main sights
- Rimondi is destined for travelers wishing to be accommodated in surroundings of unique architecture and to those wishing to indulge in discreet luxury and refined elegance.
- Friendly and helpfull staff are happy to advise about sights and cater to personal requests
- Relaxing, reading and Llounging by the pool after a long day’s sightseeing
What to know
- Mezzanine rooms may not be suitable for people with mobility problems – you could choose one of the single level Junior Suites instead
- There’s no restaurant at Rimondi but there are dozens of tavernas within easy walking distance
- WiFi is complimentary
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Mid-Size Hotels||Architecture & style :|
|Rooms:||33.00||City Style :|
|Dining:||No||Nice atmosphere :|
|Children:||Welcome||Young Couples :|
|Closed:||November to March||Beach/Seaside :|