Discover the charm of Southern Crete staying at an ideal holiday home in traditional Voroi Village and nearby Festos, Gortys and some of the best beaches in south Crete.
The villa was built in 1890 by Sior Nikoletos a doctor - from Venetian ancestors that had settled in Crete. The Italian archaeologists F. Halbherr and L. Pernier stayed in this villa in the early 1900's during their excavations at Festos. Furthermore the building stands as a reference point to the people of Messara.
In 2000 the villa was lovingly renovated by its present owner, John Kampourakis, who grew up in this house and has retained the charm of the old house while intergrading all modern comforts that one comes to expect.
Discover the nearby beautiful beaches and the real meaning of Cretan ‘Filoxenia” from Maria and her family. They love their guests and welcome them warmly and make sure that they will not miss anything during their stay at Sior Nikoletos Cretan Home.
Guests can enjoy garden, mountain and sea views from their balcony. Free Wi-Fi is offered throughout. The 3-bedroom villa has 2 floors and a big yard (400m2) with a traditional outdoor BBQ oven.
The traditional village of Voroi is protected by Greek cultural heritage law. Just the right spot to spend a relaxing holiday visit the archaeological sites of Festos, Gortis and enjoy swimming in the Libyan Sea. Voroi used to be the capital of the Pirgiotissa district and many of the traditional stone village houses have neo classical influences giving the village a very special atmosphere.
Please note that the owners can cook for you a traditional cretan meal with local ingredients once a week (extra charge).
- Hotel Name: Siornikoletos Cretan Home
- Area: Heraklion, Voroi
- Why Go: Family-Friendly, Friendly Environment, Peaceful Rural Setting in Village, Quality of Service, Quiet Location, Relaxed, Rustic, Village Atmosphere
Why we like it
- A great base to explore south coast and all villages within a few minutes' drive of Matala and Phaestos.
- Just 10km away from one of the longest sandy beaches in Crete, Kommos.
- Villa Siornikoletos is an ideal holiday home where you can appreciate the natural beauty of the island of Crete in an unspoiled setting far from the mass tourist centers.
What to know
- Public transport doesn't come this far, so you need to hire a car.
- Please note that the owners can cook for you a traditional cretan meal with local ingredients once a week.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Houses||Architecture & style :|
|Rooms:||1.00||Cheap & Chic :|
|Dining:||No||Nice atmosphere :|
|Children:||Welcome||Village Atmosphere :|