At last! Sitia Bay. A tasteful place to stay in Sitia. A much-needed, pleasing base from which to explore the east of Crete.
Executed with enthusiasm for exceptional quality of build and materials - well done it is; 2 minutes walk from Sitia's harbour-front square, with wonderful sea views. Steps from Sitia's sandy beach, just across the low-traffic seafront road.
The little touches provided by the Owners will make you feel very welcome and the home baked treats each day and the sightseeing advice offered is priceless.
The beach area and pool were perfect for relaxing. Sound insulation, both between rooms and the exterior, is exceptional. Special sealing materials are used in paints, finishes and construction to produce a result in and outside the rooms, of lasting quality.
Lush and attractive gardens, complete with soothing waterfalls, create a welcome frontage to the hotel building and also "frame" some of the views to the sea.
A sizeable swimming pool, with hydromassage, in the courtyard on the back side of the Sitia Bay Hotel, with shaded patios, sunbeds and umbrellas completes the scene of comfort.
Also, try the view from the roof, at different times of day, for a panorama of Sitia bay itself!
- Hotel Name: Sitia Bay Hotel
- Area: Lasithi, Sitia
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting, Family-Friendly, Lovely Views, Private Pool
Why we like it
- This is a family run hotel and all the staff is very friendly, welcoming, and an excellent source of advice on the local area.
- This is a very tasteful place to stay in Sitia's small and hospitalbe town
- You are in the town and out of the Sitia's town (250 m)
- The pool area is very well designed and provides a peaceful refuge from the beach which becomes busy at times (late afternoon and weekends)
- This is truly another class of hotel in one of the quiet and still unspoiled parts of Crete.
- Sheets are laundered in the hotel's own specially equipped facility without the use of harsh chemicals.
What to know
- First floor Studios and Apartments don't see the road in front of the hotel
- Hiring a car is a must and will allow you to explore the area better
- Some rooms have partially obstructed sea views by plants
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Family hospitality :|
|Rooms:||19||Marvelous view :|
|Children:||Yes||Nice atmosphere :|
|Closed:||November to March - April||Cheap & Chic :|