Terra Minoika Villas at Kato Zakros... a dream come true.
Only Stella and Elias could imagine a rough, igneous landscape of nearly 3,000 m2 of iron-rich, native granite into an environment so delicate to the senses!
High on the slopes above the small village of Kato Zakros – a complex of stone-walled villas – a hymn to the traditional Greek architecture seems to grow naturally from the rocky ground itself, placed in a garden with marvellous flowers and pieces of art created by Elias, the owner.
These quality villas, with spectacular views over the bay and all the sights of the area, mix interior modernism and luxury with a sense of place, dominating the entrance of this small, unspoiled village situated 40m above the sea surface and 300m away from the sand and pebble beach.
Built by Stella Ailamaki and Elias Pagianidis, who also own Stella’s Traditional Apartments in the valley below, the villas were completed in 2011, using the natural material of the surrounding area.
Elias has unique skills in crafting artefacts to enhance the buildings, inside and out. Sheltered courtyards and balconies add to the character. There’s even a fully-equipped gym, reflecting the owners’ backgrounds as athletes.
Both are very experienced in outdoor activities with Elias an expert on local hiking. Stella is also an accomplished dancer who can give lessons in traditional Greek dance.
The one space Terra Minoika Villas can accommodate up to 4 people and are open all year.
Each of the topen-space Terra Minoika Villas can accommodate up to 4 people and are open almost all year (closed 10 December - 10 January).
Kato Zakros is a quiet and rural place with a few tavernas offering the local food at an excellent value for the money and a kafenion serving drinks and snacks, all right at the beach. Imagine – you can enjoy your coffee right on your sunbed, which is provided for free.
- Hotel Name: Terra Minoika Villas
- Area: Lasithi, Kato Zakros
- Why Go: Lovely Views, Art & Culture, Honeymoon, Relaxed, Romantic, Village Atmosphere
Why we like it
- Here you will find the warm hospitality, friendly atmosphere, and the smile of Stella and Elias, owners of Stella's Traditional Apartments.
- Elias has excellent knowledge and experience of hiking trails and other outdoor activities around the area.
- Kato Zakros remains the most original, unspoiled, non-touristy destination in Crete.
What to know
- In the end, you will have only one doubt: Should I advertise the place, or should we keep it for ourselves?
- Hiring a car is a must and will allow you to explore the area better.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Villas||Marvelous view :|
|Rooms:||3.00||Architecture & style :|
|Dining:||No||Village Atmosphere :|
|Closed:||10 December - 10 January|