Veneto Suites Hotel is a unique place to stay and a special experience.
Located in the heart of the Venetian Old Town of Rethymno is the 15th century building of Veneto Suites which once occupied by Venetian fortress guards. Carefully and attractively restored as a unique small hotel of ten studios and suites.
Veneto Suites is an impressive architectural ensemble. The entrance is towered over a mosaic arch of the 1st Venetian Era, witness of the age of the building. Right beside it, the imposing stone staircase that leads to the upper floors emerges from a unique pebble floor with elaborate patterns.
Party walls 80-120 cm wide assembled with plaster from Santorini, three stone wells, two fountains, a sublime yard and many particular corners make up a unique architectural puzzle. Elements of Venetian, Turkish and Greek architecture bound together through the centuries within a single building. Stone, wood, metal and blown glass. Long-lasting, stable materials but so beautifully bound together, as if they never want to separate, reminding us that simple things are usually the most beautiful ones.
The well regarded restaurant (open May to October) offers Greek and Mediterranean cuisine, in its 700 year old garden. In the stone-built winecellar you can find some of the most carefully selected wines from the Cretan, Greek and national vineries. Furnishing is traditional, antique and in keeping with the style of the historic building.
All rooms have ornate beds, collectible furniture and good bathrooms. Veneto is one of a few hotels hatched within Venetian buildings in Crete with a romantic quality.
Rethymno's Old Town is one of the treats of a visit to Crete, with numerous ancient buildings and narrow cafe and shop-lined streets, a massive fortress. and a colorfour small harbour.
In addition, the beach is a five minute stroll. Rethymno's sandy beach stretches for many kilometres. The town has a large number of good restaurants along with cafes, bars, clubs and other entertainment.
Its location is suited to exploring the inland villages dotted along the old national road, and it is only 45 minutes from Chania and its Venetian harbour. Heraklion's attractions (including Knossos) are just over an hour's drive.
- Hotel Name: Veneto Suites
- Area: Rethimno, Rethymno Town
- Why Go: Classic,Food & Wine,Friendly Environment,Restaurant,Shopping
Why we like it
- The delightful, friendly, hospitable team of Veneto.
- Rethymno's Old Town is one of the treats of a visit to Crete.
- The dining area of the restaurant with the stone arches, beamed ceiling and fountain is romantic, delightful, unique ... and of course with delicious food.
- Veneto is an impressive architectural ensemble.
What to know
- Studio 101 as it is by the small back courtyard is charming but may lack privacy at dinnertime.
- During the peak season the restaurant is full of outside dinners and could be noisy.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Architecture & style :|
|Pool:||No||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Yes||Quality of Service :|
|Children:||Yes||Cheap & Chic :|