Agios Myronas is so close to Heraklion in distance and travel time, yet it is far away in mood.
A relaxed pace and open countryside surroundings. Cresting a hillock just beyond the village with sweeping views of the necklace of villages nearby and the mount Youchtas (according to legend, Zeu's is "sleeping" there), is Vergis Epavlis (Vergis Mansion), a dream made true.
Luxury decor, paintings and plush antique furniture on the edge of a truly traditional Cretan Village. The owners' home and your home to visit.
One of these four luxury suites, lavish, with grand design themes and furnishings can be the "emperor's base" for your stay in this part of Crete. Or perhaps when you need easy access to Heraklion and its airport for a few days, yet want to continue breathing in the relaxing air and soothing your work-tired eyes with nourishing green countryside and your palate with delicious local food.
The swimming pool is large and the views soothing.
The "Stella Art" restaurant at this suite retreat makes using your separate kitchen (which is fully equipped) optional. You can walk across to the village itself in 8 minutes or drive there in 2 minutes. Agios Myronas has two places to eat (one of them also owned by the Vergis family) and a kafeneio with a splendid view from its outdoor seating area.
Heraklion is a 25 minute drive.
Perhaps a place to stay on arrival or before leaving Crete, for a few days - close enough to the airport (about 30 minutes) so that you can travel home with your rejuvenated and relaxed new self still intact!
- Hotel Name: Vergis Epavlis
- Area: Heraklion, Agios Mironas
- Why Go: Elegant, Food & Wine, Friendly enviroment, Quiet location, Countryside, Family-Friendly, Mountains, Peaceful Rural Setting in Village, Relaxed
Why we like it
- A hotel with a lavish decor in surroundings of natural beauty.
- The owners' home and your home to visit.
- Perhaps a place to stay on arrival or before leaving Crete, for a few days - close enough to the airport (about 30 minutes).
- An excellent hotel in tune with its locality and its guests.
What to know
- We recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent.
- The nearest beach is a 25 minute drive.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Villas||Family hospitality :|
|Rooms:||4||Quality of service :|
|Pool:||Yes||Cheap & Chic :|
|Closed:||Never||Village Atmosphere :|