This courtyard, this building, this cafe, this oasis - Villa Kynthia is all of these. An old, restored building with exotically furnished rooms or suites, each with plenty of atmosphere. Right in the centre of the seaside village of Panormos.
Furnished with antiques, gilt-edged mirrors, Persian-style rugs, and decorated with murals describing stories or legends from ancient Greek mythology. Several bathrooms have faux windows which are illuminated and fitted out in Italian style of a bygone era.
Breakfast is served in the homey, country-style dining room or in the pool courtyard. The pool, under an ancient pine-tree, is large enough to take a swim if the beach, which is only a three minute stroll away, seems too far!
When you stay at Villa Kinthia , you are one of a few guests (only 5 rooms and suites). There is a remarkable atmosphere reminiscent of an old Italian pensione – the type of place where true travellers exchange stories or enjoy a hidden joy in their rooms.
A high-ceilinged, separate bar is excellent for both quiet or animated discussions and sometimes (small and select) live music events. A good, cosy taverna on the pedestrian street a couple of buildings away is very convenient for meals near the hotel. Alternatively, they will deliver happily to you in your suite or the pool courtyard.
Panormos village, apart from two delightful sandy beaches, has a most central location along the north coast of Crete that allows for exploring many parts and sights of Crete. For example, you can visit easily Bali, Anogia, the historic Arkadi Monastery, south coast towns & beaches of Plakias, Agia Galini and Matala, Preveli Monastery and Phaestos.
There is a little “train" in the summer with excursions through Panormos to the Melidoni cave, Margarites potteries, and Langa where you will see old farm implements. The proximity (20 minutes) from Rethimno and its historic old town puts it high on the list of “must do” activities. Heraklion, Knossos and the airport are about one hour away.
- Hotel Name: Villa Kynthia Hotel
- Area: Rethimno, Panormos
- Why Go: Art & Culture, Elegant, Friendly Environment, Village Atmosphere
Why we like it
- Kynthia Hotel is a renovated villa, perfect for your relaxing holidays; a magical environment that makes you feel like home.
- Kynthia's rooms have a very unique character and each one is completely different.
- The owners are friendly and helpful. The staff are really happy with bright smiles for you.
- An exquisite little getaway with an atmosphere that is a cross between simple village hotel and an exclusive retreat.
- The small village of Panormos, just perfect, with plenty of delicious tavernas and 2 sand beaches.
What to know
- Not all rooms have their own private space to sit out. Two rooms have small balconies.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Architecture & style :|
|Rooms:||5||Nice atmosphere :|
|Pool:||Yes||Quality Of Service :|
|Dining:||Breakfast and Snacks served||Food :|
|Children:||Yes||Village Atmosphere :|