Villa Maroulas is a beautifully restored Venetian villa of 540m2 and 5 bedrooms (accommodates up to 12 guests) with a small private heated pool and Jacuzzi (full of privacy) located in the beautiful hillside village of Maroulas in prefecture of Rethimno (just 8km away from Rethimno town) classified as a heritage site providing stunning distant sea views, peace and tranquility.
This small peacefull village is just a few minutes away by car from the picturesque town of Rethymno (8km), and 3km from one of the longest (17km) sandy beach of Crete.
The villa, originally built in 1426 during the Venetian period, has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms (up to 12 guests) and has been officially certified by the Greek Tourism Office as luxury accommodation villa in Crete. The villa has its own heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi full of privacy, free WIFI internet and giant cinema screen for movies.
Historically, the building has had various functions: At one point, part of the building used to be a Venetian farm house. During the Turkish occupation an olive press was added. It has now been completely renovated to create a holiday villa with a difference...!
The villa is highly recommended for families as is extremely well equipped to cater for families with babies and small children, supplying plenty of toys and games to keep youngsters entertained.
"Your home away from home" after its complete restoration is a fusion of light, glass and space, bringing different times full of memories together, self-evidently also incorporating all the modern facilities one would expect to find in an exclusive luxury villa.
Yorghy, the proud and friendly host a Greek-Belgian, can advise you on different types of excursions and original outings, from local archeological sites to bespoke boat trips and help you to discover the real Cretan way of life.
Maroulas is a quiet village situated on the heights above Rethymno, facing the sea at an altitude of 150 metres and surrounded by greenery, a spring and several valleys. In 1980, Maroulas was listed for its historical monuments but also for some of its houses including Villa Maroulas.
Nowadays, Maroulas is a picturesque village with a maze of alleys where visitors can stroll, meet with the locals and enjoy its tavernas and cafes. Just 1 km away, you will find a large grocery store open 24 hours a day.
Slightly off of the center of the village, your holiday villa, combining charm and tranquility, is the ideal starting point to discover the lovely island of Crete.
- Hotel Name: Villa Maroulas
- Area: Rethimno, Maroulas Village
- Why Go: Family-Friendly, Friendly Environment, Lovely Views, Private Pool, Quality Of Service, Quiet Location, Relaxed, Romantic, Village Atmosphere
Why we like it
- A wonderful location, magnificent sea views (from roof terrace), peace and tranquility for all.
- Yorghy will advise you on different types of excursions from local archeological sites to bespoke boat trips and help you to discover the real Cretan way of life.
- A very inviting and warm place like home, where you can experience style and five star comfort at the same time.
- We love the roof terrace on the first floor with stunning views to the sea, village and surrounding Cretan countryside.
What to know
- The pool is little bit small but that is to be expected of an historical house.
- A rental car is highly recommended.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Villas||Architecture & style :|
|Pool:||Private Small Pool & Jacuzzi||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||No||Village Atmosphere :|
|Children:||Welcome||Quality Of Service :|