- Drive through the traditional wine and olive oil producing plants of central Crete.
- Visit a local winery to taste Cretan varieties.
- Walk through a traditional village.
- Enjoy a menu degustation of local food and wine in an award winning local restaurant.
- Gain broad and deep knowledge of the socio-economic conditions of Crete and Greece.
Look at things in a unique way with a local, who’s well acquainted with the culture, economic and social life as well as the history and gastronomy of the island. Have a rare insight into the way Cretans perceive life, how they think and act.
Enjoy the landscape of the olive oil and wine producing regions while listening to stories, customs and traditions that define local life, accompanied through some exquisite samples of Cretan and Greek music during the tour. Visit a local winery to enjoy different varieties of Cretan wine.
Walk through the streets of a traditional village, inhaling the fragrance of jasmine, basil, sage and various flowers from the courtyards of the houses while taking some tactful glimpses into the local houses.
Experience a menu degustation (including some of the best wines produced on Crete) at a local award winning restaurant. Ask whatever intrigues your curiosity regarding local life, society, economy or business.
At the end of the evening you’ll be filled with plenty of diverse feelings and knowledge of local life that can’t be obtained easily unless you have a close relation to local people. Learn about their everyday life, how they earn their life, what constitutes their living, what their priorities, hopes and fears are and what motivates them.
A person who knows well local culture and life will guide you through a unique experience.
16:00 p.m. Pick up your local leader. The program will evolve according to your mood. No reason for hustling and stress. Enjoy every moment as you’re on a holiday.
The program will end around 23:30 p.m.
Flat rate of € 60 for maximum 4 persons.
Allow an extra €6 per person to be paid directly at the winery includes tasting of 3 different wines (30ml per wine)as well as €25 per person to be paid on the spot at the Restaurant.
The degustation will consist of 11 different plates (included starters, salads, main course and desert).
Degustation of 4 different wines.
You must have your own transportation.
George has studied economics in Berlin, currently working in a bank. He has led a major institution for the development of Crete and was involved in many projects. He has gained a deep understanding of the social, business and economic environment of the island through his work. One of his favorite projects has been the acknowledgement of the particularly healthy effects of Cretan cuisine as nutritional basis.
He has worked in leading positions in tourism and has co-founded an award winning restaurant specializing in Cretan specialties. He has led many workshops for skills development and continuous training.
He considers being a son of a shepherd as his “most competitive element” leading this day tour. He grew up in a traditional Cretan village and finds it very natural talking about the eatable flora and the useful plants of the island. Probably his most favorite hobby is preparing excellent meals for the people he loves.
A native Greek, he’s fluent in German and English. As the economic crisis changes the local socio-economic environment fast, George is the ideal person to help you have a direct eye on its effects. Ask him directly and personally as a counter point to fb, twitter and blogging about social and economic conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- Transportation between places will take place with your own means. You also agree that you will provide a seat in your transportation vehicle for your tour leader. He may move from place to place on his own vehicle.
- Each individual participant hereby agrees that CreteTravel.com and its tour leader shall not be held responsible for any default by a third party.
- Any person participating who is affected by any kind of allergy, or has any special nutritional requirements must report those in writing during booking and takes full responsibility of his/her participation. That includes ingredients that may lead to allergies or any other nutritional or health disturbance.
- Cretetravel.com will make every effort to ensure your safety to the maximum during the tour but is not responsible in any way for your health, including (but not limited to) accidents, your personal safety or the safety of your belongings.
- Cretetravel.com maintains the right to cancel any tour if necessary.
- Cretetravel.com reserves the unconditional right to refuse the participation of a person, at any stage of the tour, if the tour leader decides that, that person may put at risk the flawless execution of the tour.
- Cretetravel.com does not have the means to ensure a flawless participation to persons with special needs. Therefore, such a participation remains the sole responsibility of the person booking the tour.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- Upon confirmation of any tour, 30% deposit.
- In case of cancellation at least 3 days before the date of the tour, full refund. In any other case, no refund.
- Please, make sure your insurance contract covers all incidents that may arise during the tour, especially while being abroad.
- Herewith you grant Cretetravel.com global, royalty-free and full license to use your photographs, video clips or digital pictures in any form of advertisement of its events, tours and programs.
- The booking of the tour equals to your unconditional agreement that you are healthy, not sensitive to allergies and have no medical, physical or nutritional needs that might be affected by your participation. Also, that you automatically accept the terms and conditions described herein.
You confirm that you fully understand and agree to all of them.