A short day private tour to the Cretan villages starting from Chania's town in Crete.
Driving towards the Akrotiri peninsula, our first visit is to the monastery of Agia Triada Tzagarolon. Built in the 17th century, with a majestic cruciform church, it is set on a wonderfully overgrown landscape of olive groves, vineyards and cypress trees. We will visit the premises and learn about their great produce of organic olive oil and wine.
Continuing our drive towards the verdant province of Apokoronas, we will stop by the Fortress of Koules, set on an impressive position with views over Souda Gulf. Our next stop is at the tiny Maheri, one of the most authentic and unspoilt Cretan villages for a stroll around its alleys and refreshments at a typical ‘kafenion’.
The tour will then take us further inland and we will visit the studio of a known local ceramicist. The house, featured many times in Greek and international press, is an excellent example of traditional architecture, renovated in perfect harmony with the surrounding countryside.
Continuing our scenic drive along the foothills of the White Mountains, we will stop for a delicious rustic meal at a family-run tavern, located on a privileged vista point overlooking the valley and the sea beyond. Late afternoon return at your hotel.
A Rough rundown of tour program
- Depart from Chania - Drive to Agia Triada : 30 min drive
- Visit of Monastery & Cellars : 45 min
- Drive and stop at Koules : 45 min
- Drive to Mahairi Village : 30 min drive
- Stop for coffee/refreshments : 30 min
- Drive to Paidochori / Visit ceramist studio : 45 min
- Drive to Samonas : 15 min drive
- Stop for lunch : 1 h 15 min
- Drive back to Chania : 45 min
Please note, that all private tours focus on authenticity, interaction and seamless service and reflects our personal insights and expert knowledge of the island. Please feel free to contact us for more inspirational suggestions. Our team is always happy to pull off a fabulous tailor made proposal and give our guests the opportunity to discover the island’s beauty and culture in a way that goes beyond the usual, showcasing "the other" Crete.
Prices per tour : 552.00 Euros (2 Persons) - 598.00 Euros (3-4 Persons) - 644.00 Euros (5-6 Persons) - 690.00 Euros (7-8 Persons) -
Included: Transport with A/C deluxe mini van, English speaking guide, entrance tickets, stop for coffee at traditional kafenion, lunch
Duration : +/- 6 hrs
Suggested Start Time : 09.30 a.m.
Cancellation policy :
08 days or more prior to tour : no penalty
07-02 days : 50%
01 day or less : full charge
Please Note :
- In case the specific tour chosen can not materialize because of weather or other conditions beyond our control, clients will be able to reschedule for another day or will be offered a replacement tour. If the options offered are not accepted by clients, the tour is cancelled and is fully refundable.
- We retain the right to cancel a tour in case of non sufficient participation – since we run each tour for a minimum of 4 persons.
Please contact us for pricing and further information