Another outdoor activity from our partners, in order to to meet the inland of the “planet” called White Mountains in Chania area, Crete. They are vast, enormous and only by crossing them will you be able to comprehend their bulk.
From one end to the other 54 autonomous summits stand at an altitude of above 2000 meters and 58 more at above 1800. Moreover, there are 15 of the greatest gorges in Greece on the same mountainous area.
They are accessible from any direction, depending on the time of the year, staying overnight in the heart of the mountain where the mountain refuge of Svourihti stands at 2050 meters.
On the following day, climbing to the tallest summit of Lefka Ori called Pahnes at 2545 metres is imperative, gazing from there not only at a sea of mountains but also at the Libikon Sea in the South and the Kritiko Sea in the North... What follows is equally enjoyable offering many options.
The crossing can end East at the village of Sfakia, North at Kabous Keramion or West at Omalos Plateau admiring from above the renowned Samaria Gorge. There is also the surprise ending in the South, touring Cretan mountainous villages and swimming in the clear blue waters of the Southern coast.
- Ideal for climbing or trekking groups, single or couple participants who like trekking.
- The tour has approximately 5-6 hours walking the first day until we reach the Svourihti Refuge, 4-5 hours next day until we reach the anopolis village.
- The trip has guided stops every 30 to 40 minutes.
- The trip is not recommended under 15 years old.
- Don’t forget your trekking equipment, leave some space in your back pack for supplies, a water flask, sun cream, and your camera.
- Free hotel pick up and drop off.
- English speaking group guide-drivers.
- Two meals cooked and served in the refuge, one night refuge accommodation, coffee or mountain tea, local treats
- Liability Insurance and Local Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- On Request April - October
- Departures: 7:00-7:30 am
- Duration: 2 Days
- Return: 20:30 (approx.)
- Covered distance: 23.00 km
- Altitude differ.: 2400m
- Level of difficulty: Medium to Hard
- From 15- 99 Adults: 250.00€
- Extra Day, Cost per Person 60.00€
* All prices are per person and include VAT
For more info and reservations please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org