This is an experiential visit and experience, for all those who would like to smell, to taste, to discover the Cretan nature, to learn more about the organic herbs and flavours of Crete, the philosophy, the tradition, the relationship with the land.
Join us for this interactive workshop, which will give you the opportunity to learn more about the cultivation of Cretan organic herbs, the natural way of processing, the traditional way of managing them and at last but not least you will spend time in unique Cretan nature.
Just a few meters before the entrance of the famous Samaria Gorge, on the Omalos plateau, the nature that surrounds it and the altitude of 1227 meters allows us to cultivate Organic Malotira, the famous Cretan mountain tea.
From your arrival until the departure, Mrs. Rodo Vasilakis, owner and agronomist of organic farm, will take good care of you and will be gald to eply all your questions.
Crete, is a place known since ancient times for the quality and diversity of its aromatic and medicinal plants and herbs. Botanical studies have revealed that Crete has one of the richest and most interesting ecosystems in Europe, with a large number of endemic plants, such as “Malotira” and “Dittany”.
You could choose between three tours.
1. Premium Experience
- Starts at 9:00 am with a guided tour to property, history of the farm and how it started and why, presentation of the activity, the region, Cretan organic herbs, herbs history, tradition and myths.
- It continues with tracking of work done on the estate, the way of planting with demonstration and participation of visitors, the way of harvesting with demonstration and participation of visitors, the handmade way to process, the preparation and packing, ways of using and making as herbal tea.
- The visit will be completed with tasting and you will make your own blend and create their own herbal tea
- Price : 15.00 Euros per person
- Duration : 3.5 Hours
2. Simple Experience
- Starts at 13:00 pm with a guided tour to property, history of the farm and how it started and why, presentation of the activity, the region, Cretan organic herbs, herbs history, tradition and myths.
- We will continue with a presentation of beneficial properties of Cretan herbs, ways of using and making as herbal beverage-tea.
- Cretan herbs tasting.
- Price : 12.00 Euros per person
- Duration : 1.5 Hours
3. Visit The Farm
- Guests can enjoy one visit - station by combining it with their remaining program.
- Guided tour to property and learning more about the Cretan organic herbs.
- Cretan herbs and tasting, complete the short station visit.
- This visit has no cost participation and is on request basis.
Good To Know
- There is a retail store in the farm where the visitors can buy our organic herbs.
- Enjoy a fully Cretan traditional lunch accompagnied with local tsikoudia (upon request and for a minimum of 10 people)
- OPEN HOURS : Farm is open from April to October
Visits- excursions for groups is upon request
For individual visitors the farm is open: Monday – Sunday 09:00-15:00
The entrance for children under 5 years old is free of charge
- Necessary personal equipment: Sunscreen oil, hat, sunglasses, shoes for walking,
- PLEASE INFORM US of any dietary needs/particularities you might have (allergies, intolerances) or other health issues we have to take into consideration. Many thanks.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- Credit card details (Visa or Mastercard) are required to charge the deposit amount (10%) in order to confirm reservation. No additional charges will be made to the credit card unless cancellation charges have to be applied. Balance amount is to be paid directly to farm on day of your activity.
- Up to 48 hours before date of activity full refund.
- Less than 48 hours 50% of total amount will be charged.
For more info and reservations please contact us: email@example.com