We are glad to offer you unique activities in lovely Crete in order to find out all about Cretans culture and their secrets for a long life on a Day Trip Jeep Safari, with the help of special equipped Land Rovers driving by expert English speaking guides.
- After we pick up you from your hotel, we start our Day Trip Safari to Cretan culture adn we visit an Olive Mill and then a winery for a guided tour in the Cretan secrets for long life! Cretan wines are a valuable heritage of traditional varieties, in complete harmony with the island’s climate. The great number of local varieties, the diversity and uniqueness of various wine regions, but also the long Cretan wine tradition form the foundation of Cretan wine’s high quality standing and ongoing growth.
- We visit an ancient olive tree which is 3000 years old and an exhibition on the history of olives.
- Time for lunch, we arrive at a small village tavern, where we introduce you to Cretan cuisine with plenty of delicious food, local wine and warm Cretan hospitality.
- On the way up to Mesavlia we cross the gorge of Deliana with its picturesque creek nestled amongst lush vegetation. Time to take some awesome photos of sheep and goats on our way to the cavernous chapel of Ag. Paraskevi, where we will make a short stop.
- On the way back, all good things come to an end, we will pass through picturesque Cretan villages and beautiful olive groves.
April to October : Tuesday - Saturday
80.00€ Adults Aged 13-up
50.00€ Childs aged from 12 and below
The prices are for group participation with minimum 6 people and maximum of 30 people
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Multi-language group escort-drivers.
- Special Equipped Land Rovers.
- Entrance fees for the olive mill tour and tasting
- Entrance fees for the winery tour and tasting.
- Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine.
- Liability Insurance and local Taxes.
Alitude Difference :
Road Map Summary
Pick up times:
• 8:00 Kalives, 8:15 Chania town, 9:00 Kolymvari, 8:30 Golden Beach, 8:40 Agia Marina, 8:45 Platanias, 8.50 Maleme, 9.00 Kolymbari
Tour starts at 9:00 am.
- This trip is not recommended for people suffering from car sickness, fear of heights or bumpy roads, disabled people or people with mobility problems, children under 8 years old or for any children & adults who for some reason could have issues joining a Jeep tour.
- Wine tasting is not allowed for participants under 18 years old. (Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead).
- Don’t forget your comfortable shoes (for example trekking shoes or sandals), camera, sun protection, etc.
- During spring and autumn we advise you to bring a jacket.
- Our partner reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made in advance, no later than 24 hours before departure.
- A cancellation must be done 48 hours before departure.
- In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made.
- If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, Safari Adventures will refund 100% of made payments.
The trip is ideal for everyone who ́s looking for an experience beyond the ordinary, youth groups, single or couple participants, families with older children, and companies.
The trip has guided stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone ́s convenience.
In order for Safari Adventures to arrange lunch with vegetarian alternatives, information is required upon reservation. That also counts for any kind of food allergy, and only when possible to find suitable alternatives.
For more info and reservations please contact us
We were very satisfied with everything - and especially with our driver ( a very good guide ) who gave a very solid impression of the hole program. Cant remember his name ( had long hair and beard )
A nice ride through the amazing cretan countryside and stunnig views. Our driver was great, and very helpful. The entire adventure was just great. If
- Adrea B. (Austria)
Many thanks for the follow up Yiannis. We very much liked the tour but the highlight was our lunch .... delicious food, great local wine and warm, very hospitable people.
- Patricia G. (Germany)
Alternative tourism in Crete at its best. We loved it. Nice people, wild Cretan nature, jeeping on mountains and eating in small villages with simple, authentic and kind local people.
Patick F. (Switzerland)