This is a superb guided off-road tour in the heart of majestic White Mountains (Lefka Ori) of Crete with breathtaking panoramic views of Chania's town and not only, visiting traditional Cretan villages and enjoying Cretan traditional food, learn the history and the traditions of this unique Island, and find out all about the lifestyle of a Cretan shepherd by exploring an original shepherd’s hut at 1400m.
Unique and authentic ... an amazing off-road adventure with 4x4 Jeeps, driven by expert English speaking escorts.
—Our amazing off–road adventure begins by crossing a valley full of orange trees, avocados and vegetables gardens. Climbing up the foothills of White Mountains and passing through Cretan villages of Nteres, Vatolakos, Alikianos, Fournes, Meskla, Zourva, Therisso, we are getting a taste of mountainous Crete and we make our coffee stop at Nteres to enjoy our morning break. Coffee or mountain tea will be offered for free to our guests enjoying the village life far away from mass tourism. Continuing our tour following the off road route up to the shepherd’s hut called “Mitato” far away from tourist areas, where only a four wheel driver can approach, we will enjoy the magnificent panoramic view of northern Crete and, if we are lucky... eagles and wild goats will show up and give us a very good reason for some extra photo stops.
- A small rocky road will lead us up to our trip’s highest point 1350 meters in altitude in the heart of White Mountains of Crete, where you will find out all about the lifestyle of a shepherd, where the famous Cretan “Graviera” cheese was produced and explore an original Shepherd's hut "Mitato".
- On our way back we will enjoy the best panoramic view of Chania from above until we arrive at Therisso village. Hungry? We will visit a small traditional family Cretan tavern where we will be welcomed by the owner, to introduce us to Cretan cuisine with plenty of food, wine and warm Cretan hospitality.
After our lunch break we will follow the road through the amazing gorge of Therisso that will lead us back to Chania.
80.00€ Adults Aged 13-up
50.00€ Childs aged from 12 and below
The prices are for group participation with minimum 6 persons and maximum of 30 persons.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Special Equipped 4x4 Jeeps (7 or 9 seated) driven by multi-language group escort-drivers for every vehicle
- Coffee or Mountain tea or juice in a traditional coffee shop
- Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine
- A visit to an original shepherd’s hut “Mitato”
- Liability Insurance and local Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
April to October : Monday-Wednesday-Thursday
November to March: Daily On Request
Pick Up Times
- 8:00 Kalives, - 8:15 Chania Town, - 8:30 Golden Beach, - 8:40 Agia Marina, -8:45 Platanias, - 8:50 Maleme, - 8:55 Tavronitis, -9:00 Kolymvari
Road Map Summary
Don’t forget your comfortable shoes, for example, trekking shoes or sandals, camera, sun protection, etc.
During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket.
Our partner reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary. For example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
Reservations must be made no later 24 hours prior to departure.
Any cancellation must be made according to our cancelation policy. In case of late cancellations, no refund will be made from Safari Adventures.
If a tour is cancelled due to insufficient participants or adverse weather conditions, we will refund 100% of made payments.
The trip is ideal for everyone who ́s looking for an experience beyond the ordinary, youth groups, single or couple participants, families with older children, and companies.
The trip has guided stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone ́s convenience.
In order for Safari Adventures to arrange lunch with vegetarian alternatives, information is required upon reservation. This also counts for any kind of food allergies, and if it’s possible to find suitable alternatives.
For more info and reservations please contact us: email@example.com