Let your dreams set sail ... serenity, tranquility, beauty, an amazing sailing experience in south Chania, Crete!
This is the best and only one (so you don't have to look for some other options) sailing trip in south Chania, Crete to visit some of the most spectacular beaches: Sfakia, Glika Nera, Agios Pavlos, Samaria Gorge, Marmara and Loutro.
An amazing daily sailing cruise that covers about 20 miles and lasts 7 hours enjoying the turquoise, crystal clear waters a few of the most stunning beaches of southern Chania, one of the most protected areas in lovely Crete, very close to the famous Samaria gorge.
Last but not least, delicious food and great hospitality on board, our skipper Chris and co-skipper Annie are gracious and very accommodating, and they are most knowledgeable about the sea and the area.
Absolutely, it will be your best day in superb Crete, so do not miss it.
Departing in the morning from the Sfakia Village-Port (free transfer from your hotel to the port and back could be offered), we will stop firstly at Glyka Nera for a morning, excellent, refreshing dive. Glika Nera (meaning "sweet water" because of the freshwater that gushes from the pebbles!) is one of the most beautiful beaches in Crete, with deep blue waters and nice pebbles.
Then we will sail to the open sea heading to the isolated and incredible beach of Agios Pavlos or Saint Paul. A traditional Cretan snack called ‘’dakos’’ will be offered. The beach is totally secluded from civilization since the only option to access it is either by boat or by long trekking along the E4 European Trail that runs beside the sea. The beach is covered by clear gray and brown sand and is hidden inside a beautiful small pine forest. Absolute peace of mind, just you and nature!
Our next stop will be Agia Roumeli the small, picturesque, secluded village at the exit of the Samaria Gorge.
After a “boat made” meal we will head to Marmara or Dialiskari beach, an amazing secluded small pebbly bay shaped near the exit of the imposing Aradena Gorge.
Our last swim will be in the afternoon at the picturesque bay of Loutro Village tasting some delicious and refreshing fruit, gazing at this magical place.
Please note that during this ultimate sailing cruise, you will really feel relaxed and you will have a sense of isolation and privacy. This is the only one sailing trip (so you don't have to look for some other options) in south Chania.
Moreover, due to the high mountains just above us, we will be fully protected from the strong north winds, eliminating the possibility of your excursion being canceled.
Good to know:
7-hour sailing with Bavaria 47 (usually departing at 10:00 a.m. from the Sfakia port, returning at 17:00 p.m.)
Free transfer to the Sfakia port and back to your hotel (please contact us for details)
Discover the most beautiful isolated beaches on the south of Chania
Enjoy swimming in perfectly safe waters
Explore marine life in the magical caves of Marmara beach
Swimming at the exit of unique Samaria Gorge
Enjoy a leisurely swim in crystal waters and experience absolute privacy without other people or other yachts around you
Taste delicious Cretan food and fresh salads prepared on board with complimentary wine, beer, and soft drinks
Sfakia, Glika Nera, Agios Pavlos, Samaria Gorge, Marmara beach, Loutro
Experienced English speaking captain and crew
Transfer to the port and back
Basic sailing lesson
Cretan snack ‘’dakos’’
Lunch on board from local Cretan products, carefully selected and freshly prepared with organic ingredients
White traditional wine and beers
Stops for swimming and sunbathing
Life vests for adults and children
Fuel and port fees
Passport or ID card
Payment & Cancellation Policy:
- A 10% deposit is required upon confirmation.
- Reservations must be made in advance, no later than 7 days before departure.
- Cancellation must be done at least 7 days before departure.
- In the case of later cancellations, no refund will be made and the total amount will be charged
- We maintain the right to cancel any tour due to bad weather conditions or due to other reasons beyond our control.
- If a tour is canceled due to a few participants or bad weather conditions, we will refund 100% of made payments.
- This trip is not recommended for people suffering from boat sickness, fear of water, disabled people or people with mobility problems.
- Don’t forget your swimsuit, camera and sun protection, etc. During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket.
- In order to arrange lunch with vegetarian alternatives, information is required upon reservation. That also counts for any kind of food allergy, and only when possible to find suitable alternatives.