Balos is definitely one of the most beautiful places in Crete, Greece.
Balos is famous for its white sand and exotic white, vivid blue and turquoise waters, the wild natural beauty and the beautiful exotic scenery. Absolutely a unique beach full of many different crushed shells, given a lovely pinkish color, with shallow and warm waters, ideal for young children. Beyond the rocks at the boundaries of the lagoon, the water is deeper and colder, ideal for a snorkeling. The lagoon and the wider area, with rare species of flora and fauna, are protected under the Natura 2000 program.
We will start our speedboat tour from Chania Old Harbor port heading west heading to Rodopou peninsula close to the Rocky Mountains where the views are breathtaking.
Enjoying the ride with the secluded bays, caves and the historic information about the area provided from our skipper.
After about an hour we will reach the small port of Gramvousa with the famous castle built in 1579 by the Venetians, at the highest point of the island, on top of a steep, 137-metre-high rock. Its majestic beauty combined with the panoramic view of Balos lagoon and the legend of hidden pirate treasure, linked to it are good reasons to take the 20-minute walk that will get you there.
Our first dive takes place in Balos Lagoon before the big Ferries arrive full of people. We refiliate ourselves in Balos and then we proceed to Gramvousa Island for a 20 minute walk up in the historic Castle with the best panoramic view. Apart from your visit to the castle, you can swim to the small beach with the crystal waters and also enjoy your lunch packs.
Leaving the Gramvousa Island and Balos Lagoon we follow the same route back close to the Rocky Mountains where the views are breathtaking, small secluded bays are ideal for quick dives until we reach Menies beach for another swim stop where the privacy and the panoramic views helps you to relax far away from crowdie beaches.
On the way back to Chania old harbor our last swim stop takes place to Theodorou island, a small declared protected park by the state famous for the protection of Cretan Ibex "Kri-Kri". Crystal waters with the wild beauty of the island provides an ideal last stop foe swimming before we return back to Chania old Harbor.
Joins us for a quick and relaxed speedboat tour accompanied with crystal waters, great terrains and privacy.
880.00 € (1-8 Persons)
From Chania Old Harbour at 09.00 or 10:00 AM
Transportation to & from port with extra cost.
Revenger 29", Model 2015, Length: 9,6 meters/ 29'', Feet Capacity: 10 People (9 Passengers plus the Skipper), Engine: 1x240HP Yanmar Turbo Diesel, Average Cruising Speed 24 Knots, Maximum Speed: 35 Knots, Boat Tent, Navigation Lights, Toilet, 2 independent VHF Radio, GPS Standard Horizon 7’’ Navigation Plotter
- Lambro Superonda LS speedboat 9 meters, powered with two Mercruiser 225Hp diesel engines
- Fuels for the route
- Lunch packs, a bottle of water, beer or wine and refreshments for every person
- Liability insurance and local Taxes
Price Does Not Include
- Transportation to & from the Chania Old harbor that can be arranged upon request with an extra cost.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- Reservations must be made in advance, no later than 24 hours before departure.
- A cancellation must be done 48 hours before departure.
- In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made.
- We maintain the right to cancel any tour due to bad weather conditions or due to other reasons beyond our control.
- If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, we will refund 100% of made payments.
- Transportation to & from the port can be arranged upon request with an extra cost.
- Rib tours are not suitable for those who are not in robust good health.
- This trip is not recommended for people suffering from boat sickness, fear of speed or water, non-swimmers, disabled people or people with mobility problems, children under 5 years old or for any children & adults who for some reason could have issues joining a boat tour.
- Don’t forget your swimsuit, camera and sun protection, etc. During spring and autumn we advise you to bring a jacket.
- In order to arrange lunch with vegetarian alternatives, information is required upon reservation. That also counts for any kind of food allergy, and only when possible to find suitable alternatives.
Please contact us for availability and further information when you have some dates in mind to check for availability, along with any other questions you may have.
All e-mails are answered promptly, usually within 24 hours.