This sun-drenched tour provides you with an opportunity to experience a deeper Crete in the rugged region of Sfakia in the south.
The tour combines breathtaking vistas, mountain villages and a crystal clear sea.
The adventure begins with a scenic drive through the mountains and the fertile Askyfou plateau, where we stop for a local snack.
Reaching the port of Sfakia you have the option to either take the E4 coastal path for a 1⁄2 hike, challenging at parts, or a short boat sail to the post-card perfect Sweetwater Beach, one of the best beaches on the island, so called because of its fresh spring water that bubbles under the surface. This trail is one of the most popular on the South coast of Western Crete, because it has no difficulty.
After enjoying a refreshing swim, we will sail to the village of Loutro for a late lunch by the waterfront.
In the late afternoon we will take the ferry to Sfakia and hit the road back to Chania.
A Rough rundown of tour program
- Depart from Chania : 1hr drive
- Photo and Snack Stop in Asyfou Plateau : 30 min
- Arrive at Sfakia Port : 30 min drive
- Boat sail to Sweetwater Beach : 15 min sail
- By the beach : 2 hr
- Boat sail to Loutro Village : 15 min
- Enjoy Loutro and Lunch : 1hr 45min
- Ferry back to Sfakia port : 30 min sail
- Drive back to Chania Town : 1 1/2 hr drive
Please note, that all private tours focus on authenticity, interaction and seamless service and reflects our personal insights and expert knowledge of the island. Please feel free to contact us for more inspirational suggestions. Our team is always happy to pull off a fabulous tailor made proposal and give our guests the opportunity to discover the island’s beauty and culture in a way that goes beyond the usual, showcasing "the other" Crete.
Prices per tour : 632.50 Euros (2 Persons) - 690.00 Euros (3-4 Persons) - 747.50 Euros (5-6 Persons) - 805.00 Euros (7-8 Persons)
- Private transportation with luxury van/minibus
- English speaking guide
- Boat transfers
- Lunch in Loutro - set menu, please notify us of any dietary restrictions
Duration : +/- 9 hrs
Suggested Start Time : 08.30 AM
Notes: Participants are encouraged to bring a hat, sunscreen, swimsuit, beach towel. For the optional hiking part solid sneakers or light hiking shoes are required. Walking sticks are provided on request, at no charge.
Cancellation policy :
08 days or more prior to tour : no penalty
07-03 days : 100 €
02 days or less : full charge
Please Note :
- In case the specific tour chosen can not materialize because of weather or other conditions beyond our control, clients will be able to reschedule for another day or will be offered a replacement tour. If the options offered are not accepted by clients, the tour is cancelled and is fully refundable.
- We retain the right to cancel a tour in case of non sufficient participation – since we run each tour for a minimum of 4 persons.
Please contact us for pricing and further information