description Book now
Follow in the footsteps of long-ago Minoan kings on this Minoan Palace of Knossos & Archaeological Museum of Heraklion Tour.
- 1-4 Hours
- History & Culture
Explore the Minoan Palace of Knossos & Archeological Museum of Heraklion with an expert local guide (professional and licensed).
Explore what were the royal quarters, storerooms, and central court of the palace, the power base of Europe’s first civilization; and hear about the mythical Minotaur that roamed a labyrinth here as your guide explains the site’s history. Explore the Minoan Palace of Knossos with an expert local guide.
During this amazing half-day tour you will discover all the secrets of the Minoan civilization.
Your tour starts by the Entrance of the Knossos Palace where you will meet your Professional and licensed English-speaking guide George. George will guide you around in the ruins of this magnificent palace of 1500 rooms, the legendary labyrinth-palace of the king Minos from the 3500 old throne room to the frescoes room, thought the central courtroom, the queen's and kings quarters, following the traces of Minotaur and finally to the oldest theater of Europe.
The Palace of Knossos is the most important archeological site on the island. It is the oldest palace in Europe and one of the four Minoan palaces. It acted as the administrative and religious center of Minoan (Bronze Age) Crete. The legendary king of Knossos was Minos, son of Zeus and Europa. The palace is the labyrinth of Greek Mythology.
George will be glad to reply to all your questions and hopes to pass to you a big part of his love and knowledge for the first European civilization, the Minoan Civilization of Crete.
Your tour continues with the Heraklion Archeological Museum, the best in the world regarding Minoan art as it contains the most notable and complete collection of artifacts of the Minoan civilization of Crete, like the Bull head Python, the goddesses of the snakes, and the disc of Phaistos. The displays of idols made of terra cotta, marble, and alabaster, collections of gold, jewelry, ivory, figurines, sarcophagi, and frescoes will give you an insight into this artistic-minded civilization and complement your visit to Knossos.
Prices per tour
- 210.00 Euros (Knossos & Archaelogical Museum of Heraklion Tour)
- 175.00 Euros (Knossos Minoan Palace Tour) for up to 6 people ( extra charge for any extra person)
- PLEASE NOTE: 15% Special Offer during Winter Months (November to March)
Professional and licensed English speaking guide
- Tickets of Knossos and Archaeological Museum of Heraklion (16.00 Euros per person combined ticket - 15.00 Euros Knossos and 10.00 Museum).
- The price does not include transportation. You can use a taxi, hire a car or the local bus to Knossos.
- You are responsible for purchasing any items of a personal nature related to shopping, souvenirs, snacks, and restaurant meals.
- Due to current legislation, tourist guides in Greece are not allowed to pick up/drop off people using private cars or provide transportation. Therefore your guide is responsible only for guiding.
+/- 4 hrs (The duration is purely indicative. The tour may be shorter or longer, according to your interests/weather conditions/traffic.)
Suggested Start Time
Knossos Palace opens at 8.00 AM, but maybe the best time to visit it is afternoon since there are not many and large groups
You will meet our guide at the entrance of Knossos at the kiosk of guides
Yes. This tour is suitable for mature children as long as they are interested in archeology and history. They should be supervised by a parent.
Because of the walking at Knossos Palace, comfortable shoes and a hat are recommended.
- 08 days or more prior to tour: no penalty
- 07-02 days: 50%
- 01 day or less: full charge
- In case the specific tour chosen can not materialize because of weather or other conditions beyond our control, clients will be able to reschedule for another day or will be offered a replacement tour. If the options offered are not accepted by clients, the tour is canceled and is fully refundable.
The reviews for the Minoan Palace Of Knossos & Archaeological Museum of Heraklion Private Tour
Reviews ( 3 )
Yiannis, Hedda asked me to reply. We very much enjoyed our tour and, in particular, we thought George was an excellent tour guide. Our entire family found George’s tour of both the palace and the museum fascinating. George is extremely knowledgeable and answers questions very well. We would very highly recommend him. He is also a very nice person. We were behind schedule that day and arrived late at Knossos, but George waited for us without a word of complaint. Regards
It was excellent. My daughter Stavroula, who loves Greek mythology, had a great time and learned a lot. Kalia was very patient, detailed and knowledgeable. Only issue which was not Kalia's fault was that it was a long day for the kids between knossos and the museum. And even with the long day, the girls were still engaged in what Kalia was saying. I already told Kalia that I am planning to go on trip advisor when I return to the states to give her and your company an excellent review. Thank you for a wonderful experience. Just one more thing to add.....I contacted 3 companies looking for a tour guide. You were the first to reply and the most responsive. One of the companies responded to my email at 9pm and the other never responded. You are doing things the right way and that is something people will and do appreciate.
We have visited Knossos nad Museum a few times, but this was the best tour by far. George was such a professional guide ... well done. Giannis Gonianakis many thanks for organizing this for my family.