description Book now
Explore the White Mountains of Crete Tour, maybe the best jeep safari tour in Crete to explore the other Crete.
- Small Group
- Full Day
- Gastronomy (Wine Tastings & Cooking Workshops)
- History & Culture
- Jeep Safari Tours
Join us for a unique safari tour in the White Mountains of Crete and enjoy the most incredible panoramic views, visit traditional Cretan villages, learn the history and the traditions of the Island, and find out all about the lifestyle of a Cretan shepherd while exploring an original shepherd’s hut.
Enjoy the unique view of Chania from an altitude of 1350m and discover the wildlife of Crete with the help of our premium off-road vehicles, driven by specialized multilingual escorts.
Our amazing off-road adventure begins by crossing a valley full of orange trees, avocados, and vegetable gardens. Climbing up the foothills of the White Mountains where we make our coffee stop at Nteres to enjoy our morning break.
Continuing we drive through the Cretan villages of Vatolakos, Alikianos, Fournes, Meskla, Zourva, and Therisso getting a taste of mountainous Crete at the foot of White Mountains, and following an off-road route up to the shepherd’s hut called “Mitato” far away from tourist areas, to uncharted routes where only a four-wheel driver can approach we enjoy the magnificent panoramic view of northern Crete and, if lucky ... to marvel some wild eagles and goats from up close giving us a good reason to stop and capture the moment.
A small rocky road will lead us up to our trip’s highest point of 1350 meters altitude in the heart of the White Mountains of Crete, where you will find out all about the lifestyle of a shepherd. We will learn where the famous Cretan “Graviera” cheese was produced and explore an original Shepherd's hut called "Mitato".
On our way back we will enjoy the best panoramic view of Chania from above until we arrive at Therisso village for a short walk around the historic village and visit a small Cretan family tavern for our lunch.
After our lunch and with a full appetite we will follow the road through the amazing gorge of Therisso that will lead us back to the city of Chania.
89.00€ Adults Aged 13-up
69.00€ Childs aged from 12 and below
The prices are for group participation with a minimum of 4 pax to star
- Free hotel pick up and drop off
- Off-road vehicles (7 or 9 seaters) driven by multilingual escort-drivers
- A visit to an original shepherd’s hut “Mitato”
- Coffee or tea, Lunch with traditional Cretan platters
- Liability Insurance and local taxes
- Wine or beers or refreshments in the tavern
Pick up times
- 8:00 Kalives
- 8:15 Chania Town
- 8:30 Golden Beach
- 8:40 Agia Marina
- 8:45 Platanias
- 8:50 Maleme
- 8:55 Tavronitis
- 9:00 Kolymvari
April to October: Monday - Wednesday - Thursday - Sunday
November to March: Daily On Request
- Don’t forget your comfortable shoes, for example, trekking shoes or sandals, a camera, sun protection, etc. During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket.
- The trip is not recommended to people suffering from car sickness, having mobility or kinetic or back problems, pregnant women or for children younger than 7 years old as we don't provide baby seats, or people taller than 195 cm or heavier than 130 kg. Alcohol consumption is not allowed to minors under the age of 18 years old. Our partner reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without any prior notice.
- If the tour is canceled due to an insufficient number of participants or adverse weather conditions, we will refund 100% of made payments.
The trip is ideal for everyone who's looking for an experience beyond the ordinary, for example, youth groups, single or couple participants, families with older children, and companies.
The trip has guided stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone's convenience.
When meals are included, our partner can arrange vegetarian alternatives, but the information is required upon reservation. This also counts for any kind of food allergies, in order to find suitable alternatives if possible.
Travelers Info: COVID-19
Being always concerned about our guests and staff's wellbeing and having as a priority your health and safety, we remain committed to our premium standards, fully complied with all necessary measures set by the Government. Always ready to welcome you, we act with responsibility. We stay up to date following the guidelines set by The World Health Organisation and the National Public Health Organisation. We know that your holidays with family and friends are very important to you, so we are here to make sure you can relax, enjoy and dream the way you want to.
Before Your Tour:
- We recommend that you should be at the pick-up area (your hotel or another indicated point nearby your hotel) 10 minutes prior to your pick-up time. Our driver/escort will be on time to welcome you and show your seat, in order to keep social distancing guidelines.
- Our vehicles are filled up according to governmental covid-19 law of their capacity. Those governmental laws and regulations against covid-19 infections might change, but are strictly followed at all times.
- The body temperature and wellness of all those participating in the tour (escort, driver, staff and guests) will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or other symptoms.
- Please follow all the instructions given to you by your guide.
- Sanitizing dispensers are available for each vehicle.
During Your Tour:
- Everybody that is taking part in the tour (escort, driver, guests, etc...) will wear a face mask throughout its duration as long as it is required by law.
- Sealed lunch boxes will be given on some of our day tours. On day tours which include meals served at restaurants, those will be provided only at restaurants following all the applicable hygiene protocols.
Enhanced Vehicle Cleaning:
- The average cleaning effort in all vehicles is doubled both during the day and after the end of each tour.
- All sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls, etc. are intensively cleaned and sanitized daily before and after each tour.
Air Circulation On Board:
Our vehicles are equipped with A/C (and when used, the internal air circulation is turned to OFF) but as our safari tours are mainly operated in the countryside we strongly recommend the tours to be conducted with open windows for continuous fresh air circulation and to feel the freshness of the countryside.
Our staff is trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures. They use personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) to ensure a safe travel experience for you and yourself.
Greece is well known for its long history and unique hospitality throughout the centuries. We remain confident that our services are of high value and will provide the most memorable experience in Greece to you, your family, or your friends. We are looking forward to escaping the ordinary with you!
The reviews for the Explore the White Mountains of Crete