description Book now
An exclusive off-road experience and tour to Manousakis Winery & Vineyards for a unique wine and food tasting experience where you see hands on, from start to finish how wine is made... and then enjoyed!
- Small Group
- Full Day
- Gastronomy (Wine Tastings & Cooking Workshops)
- Jeep Safari Tours
This is a perfect option for those who want to get a full experience of the winemaking process, from vine to wine; not to mention those who want to visit the Lefka Ori mountain range and see panoramic views of the northern coast of Chania.
Join us at this most complete 4–5 hours off-road vineyard tour & winery experience, where you can admire from the beginning to the end, the entire process of winemaking in private groups of 1–4 or 5–8 people in each vehicle.
The vineyard tour will be accompanied by five wine tastings and extra menu options would be available in the winery.
The Safari Tour
Starting our day trip Safari for a unique wine experience further up in Lefak Ori mountain range where Manousakis vineyards are located, through an exciting off-road route up to the top of the hill in 660 meters altitude! This magnificent location, with a panoramic view of the north part of Crete, accompanied by the natural environment, the vineyards, and the fresh air retaliate with the best feeling ever.
We continue our tour by visiting the Manousakis winery at Vatolakkos village for an expert-guided tour. Starting from the traditional old family residence of the Manousakis family we continue with a nice walk to the beautiful garden of the old and new winery.
At the production facility, you will learn about the wine-making process and visit the cellar, where the wines are kept and aged, as well as the bottling line.
Five wines tasting with all available wines can be accompanied with extra dishes or Cretan delicacies ordered at the winery (with extra cost), which will conclude this unique winery experience.
€110.00 per person
- Free hotel pick up and drop off.
- Private premium offroad vehicles (5, 7, or 9 seated) driven by a multilingual escort–drivers.
- Off-road vineyard tour.
- Entrance fees for the winery tour and tasting of five wines.
- Liability Insurance and Local Taxes
Extra wine consumption and extra meals or snacks to accompany the tasting, gratuities.
April to November: Daily Departures on Request.
December to March: On Request.
4 - 5 Hours
- 15 and more days before departure – retention of deposit
- 14-3 days before departure – 50% will be charged
- Less than 2 days before departure – 100% will be charged
- 09.00 - 10.00 am
- Different times upon request and according to availability.
- Ideal for everyone, youth groups, single or couple participants.
- The trip is not recommended for children under 4 years old.
- The wine tasting is not available for children under 18 years old.
Road Map Summary
- Don’t forget your comfortable shoes, for example, trekking shoes or sandals, camera, sun protection, etc. During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket.
- Our partner reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary. For example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made no later than 24 hours prior to departure. Any cancellation must be made according to our cancelation policy. In case of late cancellations, no refund will be made.
- If a tour is canceled due to insufficient participants or adverse weather conditions, we will refund 100% of made payments.
The trip is ideal for everyone who´s looking for an experience beyond the ordinary, youth groups, single or couple participants, families with older children, and companies.
- The trip has guided stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone´s convenience.
- In order to arrange lunch with vegetarian alternatives, information is required upon reservation. This also counts for any kind of food allergies, and if it’s possible to find suitable alternatives.
The reviews for the Exclusive Tour to Manousakis Winery & Vineyards for a Unique Wine Tasting Experience
Reviews ( 9 )
Hello Yiannis Thank you for your email! We had a fantastic day out to Manousakis Winery on 22 September. I really want to say thank-you to our driver on the day who was excellent. The scenery at the top of the mountain in the Four Wheel Driver is spectacular and the winery lunch was as good as we thought it would be. The amount of wine provided was very generous. We love Crete at lot and this year was our second visit in two years! Next year we are planning to visit Corfu, Chios and Thessoloniki but maybe the next year after that we will get back to Crete! Hope to see you again. We find your travel company to be very efficient and good. Thanks again. Kind regards - Lisa
Everything was amazing! We all loved the vineyard tour and the hospitality, and I was very happy to learn more about an organic winery. Many thanks!
Kalimera Yiannis, Tour in Manousakis Winery was very interesting. Wonderful place, excellent wine, excellent food, very nice staff, joyfull, friendly and professional! The tour of the Winery was very interesting and Lafteris, the guide, was impeccable. Because I was traveling alone it should be also interesting to join an other group but I saw only small groups or private tours those day... Maybe in the future I will have the chance to join a group and share the experience. Anyway, at least I can confirm that has been really interesting and amazing tour and I hope to come back to Crete in the future.
We thoroughly enjoyed the visit and would recommend to other people. Thank you so much Yiannis.
Adrian K. Switzerland
This is an amazing winery, with one of the best organic wines in Greece. So if in doubt of where to go during your holiday in Chania, then Manousakis Winery is a great option, delicious traditonal food, superb wine, and warm hospitality from the guide to the lady at shop. Full lunch was great too. - Adrian K. Switzerland
Andrea J. Germany
Many thanks for asking Yiannis. We had a great tour which could higly recommend. We drove to this Winery and had no expactions at all. We had booked a simple taste tour. We were welcomed at arriving and the tour started with explaining how the wine production was made. This was informative and interesting. After the tour we had a tasting of five different wines. All this for just 7.00 Euros per person. Good value for money. We bought also some wine and olive oil to bring back home.
Maria P. Austria
We choosed the light lunch, tour and wine tasting. This tour made by a really informative guide who gave us plenty of opportunity to ask questions along the way which we liked. We were then brought back to the patio where we got to see finished bottles of wine and had the tasting session which was great. We got to try 6 different wines which for the price we paid was extremely generous! We then enjoyed the light lunch which was authentic Greek cuisine. We really enjoyed the whole experience and would recommend it to anyone visiting Chania. Our guide and wine expert were great too. Well done!
Jane K. Australia
Excellent experience. We did a trip out to the Winery from Chania with Crete Travel. It was an exclusive off-road trip to the winery in a four wheel drive. It went up a spectacular mountain route to get to the grounds of the winery and then we had a full lunch with unlimited wine tasting after our tour of the winery. The wines here were good quality with the Rousanne being especially good. The Syrah was also high quality. The lunch was made with local ingredients and was excellent. This was relaxed wine tasting at its finest. If you have the full lunch with your wine tasting, the amount of wine you are served to 'taste' is extremely generous (unlimited glasses with your lunch). Our guide/driver on 22 Sep 2017 was awesome.
Katerina T. New Zeland
My husband and I booked lunch and a tour with tasting. The grounds are beautiful with old olive trees. In addition, the tour was very interesting and the wines very good. Our favorite was the Nostos blend that we had shipped to us. The lunch was delicious and generous and went perfect with the wine. Highly recommend a visit when near Chania.