- There is that stunning pool at Elounda Solfez Villas; swim, float, relax, and then enjoy a drink at the side. Later, dine at the pool terrace and enjoy the tranquil Mirabello Bay.
- Don't miss to read the romantic novel "The Island" by Victoria Hislop. The novel portrays life on nearby Spinalonga Island during the harrowing years as a leper colony.
- Elounda has a handsome harbor where fishing boats still come and go.
- On the southside of Elounda, an artificial causeway leads to the Kolokitha Peninsula. On the eastern side, there are two beaches with golden sand and crystal waters. The scenery would be perfect if not for the tourist boats coming from Agios Nikolaos to Spinalonga. If you ignore this and stay until everybody is gone, the only thing that will spoil your peace is the smell from the barbeques breaking your nose! There is also an archaeological site in the northern gulf. You are swimming around the remnants of the ancient port of Olous.
- Nearby Elounda is the charming fishing village of Plaka, where you can eat in a traditional taverna or enjoy your ouzo or tsikoudia at lovely "Pefko" Coffee Bar.
- Take a boat trip (from Elounda or Plaka Village) to Spinalonga Island, which was an important Venetian fortress that became a leper colony in 1903.
- Visit the nearby Monastery of Aretiou, which has been one of the largest and most powerful monasteries in Crete with great fortune.
- Visit the ruins of the Minoan Palace of Malia and the excavation site.
- Explore the traditional Cretan villages of Kritza and Mochlos and enjoy a lovely lunch as both are famous for this. At Kritsa Village a worth visit is the archaeological site of the ancient city of Lato one of Crete's few non-Minoan ancient sties. And why not ... here at Kritsa Village, you can order a pair of Cretan boots for postal delivery at Detorakis one of the best shoemakers.
- From Kritsa it is a 16km climb up to the spectacular Katharo Plateau, which is cultivated by people from Kritsa, some of whom have homes here.
- The area around Elounda offers excellent diving. ... or Snorkeling in some ruins of the sunken ancient city of Olous, remaining in the sea.
- Check out Agios Nikolaos town with its sea-lake which provides all the shops from clothes and gifts to news, book and paraphernalia shops to cafes, attractive bars above and around the "lake" and harbor to a range of restaurants covering many tastes.
- Drive to Lassithi Plateau with Diktaion Cave (where Zeus was born).
- Explore and you can visit villages on the road to Sitia - one of the most scenic coastal roads anywhere. The fine monastery of Toplou beyond Sitia merits a visit....perhaps with a pause in Sitia itself.
- Enjoy the amazing tropical beach and the palm grove of Vai (or Finikodassos) in East Crete.
- Find more uplifting activities in East Crete.
- Check-in: 16.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-7 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy: Please check here
- Cancellation Policy: Please check here
MHTE: ΜΗ.Τ.Ε. 1040Κ123Κ0342100
How To Get There
The exclusive enclave of Elounda Solfez Villas is located 2km away from Elounda Village in lovely Crete and the closest beach.
- By Air
From May through mid-October there are direct charter flights to Heraklion (65km) or Chania (215km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Heraklion Port (70km). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: Each Villa has a fully equipped Kitchen with ( fridge/freezer, oven, microwave oven, dishwasher, coffee machine, boiler, kettle, toaster, coffee mixer plus kitchen utensils) to prepare your meals. A superb balcony pergola ideal for breakfast, on the second level, and an outdoor dining area covered by a wooden pergola and a BBQ. Besides, you could plan your meal, available upon request, at an additional cost for cooking and cooking materials. Meals are prepared either by a traditional or an international cuisine Chef.
- Internet Access: Free WiFi throughout
- Swimming Pool: Each villa has its private swimming pool (24 sq. m.) with hydro massage
- Spa Treatments: Available at the nearby (800m) Six Senses Spa, at an extra cost, and appointments are mandatory.
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not allowed
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: Private parking place