Villa Main Area: 192 sq.m | Bedrooms: 3 | Bathrooms: 3 |Guests: 7 | Swimming Pool Area: 32 sq.m | Surrounding Gardens: 244 sq.m
Charming Villa Alivia with its spacious accommodations, high glass windows, and sun-flooded lounge is a two-story luxury villa that can house six guests, with three bedrooms, three bathrooms a private iridescent swimming pool, and lush fruitful garden. Throughout Villa Alivia, the combination of high ceilings and glass features allow breath-taking views of the outdoor groves and mountains. The open-plan fully equipped kitchen, chic dining room, and lounge area lie separate from the rest of the interior of bedrooms and bathroom, connected via a beautifully transparent corridor that allows guests to walk through nature - as they pass through the garden and orange trees to the other side of the Villa. On the ground floor lie two separate airy bedrooms, the first with direct access to the wooden yacht style deck and pool, whilst the other to the garden. The bedrooms have ample wardrobe and storage space. A shower experience not to forget! The ground floor’s light-filled bathroom features stoic marble and stone features, with a WC, spacious hydro massage shower, heated towel rail, and holistic Cretan toiletries produced locally with organic ingredients. The impressive master bedroom is hosted on the first floor, with a king-size bed, a bathroom with a craftily designed marble paneled en-suite bathtub with Jacuzzi, en-suite shower, a WC, and his & hers basins in the same open-plan space. The master bedroom also has a writing desk and chair for those who wish to work or conduct business on their trip as well as 42inch LCD TV. Conte Marino provides its guests with a truly restful night’s sleep is of impeccable importance. For this reason, all bedding and linen are of exquisite quality for optimal sleep. Namely Coco-mat mattresses, pillows, duvets, and high cotton count color linen, towels, and bathrobes.
Find more detailed information about Villa Alivia here.
Villa Main Area: 182 sq.m | Bedrooms: 3 | Bathrooms: 3 |Guests: 7 | Swimming Pool Area: 32 sq.m | Surrounding Gardens: 230 sq.m
Villa Mandarina with its opulent garden, comfortable rooms, and atmospheric lounge is a three-bedroom, two-story Villa that can house six guests. With three bathrooms, a private iridescent swimming pool and zesty garden ready to be picked, walking through Villa Mandarina will leave guests the impression of walking outdoors. The unique quality of Villa Mandarina is the emphasis placed in constructing the Villa around the aromatic orange trees, thus maintaining the grove within the home. Swim in Mandarina’s Diamond Brilliance pool, as you smell the herbs and pick sumptuous oranges dotted along the wooden deck. An aromatic and savory experience not to be missed. The ground floor hosts the open-plan modern kitchen, elegant dining room, and lounge area, as well as two separate breezy bedrooms side by side, both with direct access to the pool, deck and garden. The bedrooms are abundant in wardrobe and storage space. Step into the shower and experience the outdoors! The ground floor’s light-flooded bathroom built with locally quarried marble and stone features, features a WC, and spacious hydro massage shower, leaving the impression that you are cleansing under showery rain. Complimented to this are the organic Cretan toiletries provided. An experience that will leave you invigorated. On the first floor, the dramatic views from the master bedroom are exquisite. With a magnificent king-size bed, a luxurious bathroom with a craftily designed marble paneled en-suite bathtub with Jacuzzi, en-suite shower, and his & hers basins in the same open plan space, step into your own private opulent cocoon. The master bedroom also hosts a writing desk and chair for those who wish to work or conduct business on their trip as well as 42inch LCD TV. Conte Marino provides its guests with a truly restful night’s sleep is of great importance. For this reason, all bedding and linen are of exquisite quality. Namely Coco-mat mattresses, pillows, duvets, and high cotton count color linen, towels, and bathrobes.
Find more detailed information about Villa Mandarina here.
Villa Main Area: 189 sq.m | Bedrooms: 3 | Bathrooms: 3 |Guests: 7 | Swimming Pool Area: 39 sq.m | Surrounding Gardens: 349 sq.m
Luxury and class at its finest. Villa Orangia, with its cutting edge design and meticulously, thought-through interior space is a three-bedroom, three bathrooms, two stories Villa that can house six guests. Its own private shimmering swimming pool and vast garden space provide the perfect setting to relax and unwind under the sun. Enjoy the unique surroundings from within the ambient lounge and comfortable open plan living space on the lower floor, to preparing sumptuous meals in the high-tech kitchen with produce picked straight from the organic garden. Villa Orangia’s two separate bedrooms with stone features and vast storage space lie side by side on the ground floor both with direct access to the pool, deck, and garden. Also located on the ground floor is the stone and marble bathroom, with a WC, a spacious built-in hydro massage shower, free standing accessories, heated towel radiator rail, and organic Cretan toiletries. Step into the master bedroom on the first floor as you walk into an oasis of calm and finesse. Consists of two areas, one with a king-size bed, storage drawers, a writing desk, armchair, and 37inch LCD TV, while the other one with spacious wardrobe, a bathroom with WC, and a craftily designed marble paneled en-suite Jacuzzi bathtub that resembles a continuation of the outdoor olive trees. The second area is complimented with his & hers basins on top of spacious bathroom furniture. Any guest that stays here will not be disappointed. Conte Marino provides its guests with a truly restful night’s sleep is of great importance. For this reason, all bedding and linen are of exquisite quality. Namely Coco-mat mattresses, pillows, duvets, and high cotton count color linen, towels and bathrobes.
Layout Description :
Open Plan Living & Dining Room: Spacious sun flooded living & dining area with high ceiling, large glass patio doors and windows separate the living room from open veranda next to the garden and the private swimming pool. Seating and dining areas are completely separated from bedroom/bathroom areas and connected through a long corridor extended and passed through the outside garden in between the orange trees. Comfortable seating corner Sofa & Table, Dining table & armchairs (6-8), wooden stools, Amplifier (Airplay, Internet Radio, last. FM, Spotify) with 2 speakers, 42 (37 Villa Orangia) inch LCD TV Satellite (Astra & Hot Bird), Internet access (Wireless and Broadband), Home Cinema with projector/screen, Wood Burning fireplace type Stove (metal/stone), Wooden Floor with underfloor heating, A/C.
Open Plan Fully Equipped Kitchen: Designed as working surface (semi-inset), comes with luxurious accessories, includes Coffee Maker, Kettle, Toaster, Citrus Juicer & Mini Chopper, Krups Dolce Gusto Espresso Coffee Maker 15 bars, Dishwasher, Refrigerator with freezer, Washer/Dryer, Oven & Ceramic Hob, 2 high Bar Stools, Wooden Floor with underfloor heating, A/C.
Bathroom: Built-in wonderful marble with parts of stone walls. Spacious Shower with Air Jets Body sprays for massage, Heated Towel Radiator Rail, Stool, Underfloor Heating, WC, Washbasin, Hairdryer, free standing accessories, luxurious pure Cretan toiletries.
Utility Room: Iron & Iron board, small ladder, vacuum cleaner, drying loft, safe box (laptop), cleaning tools, First-Aid kit.
Bedroom 1 & 2: First with access to veranda next to the garden and private swimming pool and the second to wooden yacht style wooden deck. 1 Twin Double size Bed or Twin beds, Wardrobe, Bedside cabinets with lamps, Writing desk with seating chair, luggage stand, Underfloor Heating, A/C, Mattresses, Pillows, and Duvets by Coco-mat made only from all-natural materials for the optimal sleep quality, best cotton quality bed linen, Coco-mat color linen, and bath towels, bathrobes, slippers, luxurious pure Cretan toiletries.
Bedroom 3 (Master): King size Bed, Furniture including bedside cabinets with lamps, Wardrobes, Writing desk with Seating chair, Additional private Writing desk with Sitting Armchair, en-suite Bathtub with Jacuzzi in front of a stunning marble panel resembling like olive tree fields, 2 Washbasins on top of spacious furniture, WC, Shower, Towel Radiator, free standing bathroom accessories, 42 inches LCD TV Satellite (Astra & Hot Bird), Mattresses, Pillows and Duvets by Cocomat made only from all-natural materials for the optimal sleep quality, best cotton quality bed linen, Coco-mat color linen, and bath towels, bathrobes, slippers, luxurious pure Cretan toiletries, Hairdryer, A/C, French patio windows to allow a complete view of the village, the Cretan fields full with olive and citrus trees and the magnificent White Mountains full of snow mostly during autumn and winter months.
Private parking area (2 cars).
Private overflow swimming pool made of Diamond Brilliance finishes with quartz aggregates and natural, clean and healthy surface, slip-resistant, stunning rainbow colors (iridescences) during different daylights in perfect harmony with field environment, big selection of color lights during the night.
Yacht style wooden deck extended alongside poolside.
Marvelous private garden with flowers and mostly olive and orange trees. Oranges are ready for spring and summer juices.
Sunbeds with side tables, Barbecue (Weber with accessories).
Ground Floor: Private Seating Area with Sofa, Table and 2 Lounge Armchairs, private Dining Area with Dining table and armchairs (8), Music Speakers, Bedroom 1 & 2 Seating Area with 2 armchairs with the small table each, Outdoor Shower in the private garden. Pergola awning is covering the main veranda seating area, as well as, part of the swimming pool, providing the possibility to enjoy partly shade while swimming. Awning operation ensures automatic closing when rain/wind.
First Floor: Private Seating Area with 2 Lounge armchairs with 2 small tables.
Please find more photos of villas and check prices here!
Upon arrival, you will find a welcome basket with fruit, vegetable & herb picking from an organic garden.
Cretan Breakfast FREE OF CHARGE: Personally prepared & served by the chef to all guests at the villas’ common outdoor dining area, daily from Monday to Saturday for period June – September.
A light supper prepared upon arrival evening could be requested (extra charge).
On the ground floor of each villa, there is a spacious sun-flooded dining area with a high ceiling with a dining table & armchairs (6-8).
Villa's every kitchen open plan fully equipped kitchen comes with a designed as working surface (semi-inset), luxurious accessories, coffee maker, kettle, toaster, citrus juicer & mini chopper, krups dolce gusto espresso machine 15 bars, dishwasher, refrigerator with freezer, washer/Dryer, Oven & Ceramic Hob, 2 high Bar Stools, Wooden Floor with underfloor heating.
There are small general stores, supermarkets, bakery, butcher shops, and grocery shops in 1.2 km in Kissamos.
At Platanias, there is a great variety of tavernas and restaurants if you prefer to dine out. You will be met at Conte Marino Villas by great hostess Despina shown around your villa and reveal all the "secrets".
Families with children are welcome at Conte Marino Villas and they will love the pools and nearby beaches (they will need supervision in the pools).
Babysitting can be arranged upon request, and highchairs can be provided.
- It is said that the west side of Crete is the most beautiful part of the island because it is very green and it has many nice beaches. Conte Marino Villas is situated on this part of the island and very close to Chania city.
- Kontomari Village, located 18 kilometers west of Chania. The main products of the region are olive oil and citrus. At Kontomari there are two cafes and a grocery. We strongly recommend you to stroll to the streets of the village and visit the surrounding villages that compose Kontomari. From the coastal Tower Psilonerou, Metochi, and the other semi-mountainous settlements of the Valley and Xirokambi you will be filled with images, smells, and experiences.
Visit the picturesque and quaint, steeped in history and rich in culture, the little village of Fournes built against the hills en route from Chania to the Omalos Plateau is a must-see. The village is a popular passing spot for those visiting the church of “Christ our Savior” in the Hoirospilios Cave. Enjoy watching traditional “Cretan Life” as you walk in the alleys, or sit at the local “Kafenion” and watch the village folk go about their errands.
- Visit Chania, the most beautiful city on the island, enjoy your drink at the old port or a meal in one of the restaurants of the old city. Walk in the narrow streets and see the different architectural styles of the buildings. Visit the naval museum that is situated at the port and walk to the lighthouse, this is the right point to admire the port and the city. Enjoy live Cretan folk music over dinner at many of the tavernas; or browse through the souvenir shops – leather goods, jewelry and more others. The old town of Chania, on and around the hill of Kasteli, was built upon the ruins of Minoan Kydonia and is surrounded by the Byzantine Wall, the Venetian Wall, harbor and sea. Seeped in history, complete the journey with a stop at the Archeological Museum which features exhibitions and archaeological findings from century’s back.
- A trip by car I would suggest: To "Therissos" - you drive through a beautiful gorge. The village itself is historic and has some good tavernas like "Andartis". But if you have time, you can continue further to Zourva and come down to Chania again via Meskla. This is a spectacular drive (if the atmosphere is clear and not too hazy), marked on some maps as unpaved - but it is now paved. Just after Zourva there is a taverna on its own with glass windows with 360 views and good local food.
- Samaria Gorge is the longest gorge in Europe, if you like gorges, walk through this gorge and the experience will be unique. It is a long gorge, 16km, and you need about 6 hours to pass it, which means that it is not allowed to walk the long way if you have any health problem. If you think that 16km are too many, you can see the last part of the gorge. You have to drive till Chora Sfakion and then you take the boat to Agia Roumeli, where is the exit of the gorge, you just have to walk a few kilometers in the gorge, at least till the most narrow point "portes".
- Chora Sfakion is the southernmost tip of Europe. It is perhaps best characterized by the temperament of its inhabitants, descendants of ancient civilizations, and Byzantine families. Local village folk is so fiercely proud of their region that their characters could be said to reflect the rugged formation of the ground they prosper on.
- Next to Samaria gorge there is another gorge, shorter but very beautiful because it is very narrow in some points. This is Imbros gorge and you need just 2 hours to pass it. You can combine this walk, with swimming to Fragokastelo beach, as it is very close to the exit of the gorge.
- Falasarna, is a very long beach that is located on the west part of the island, 44km from your hotel, What makes this beach so unique, is the length, you can walk along the sandy beach for a lot of time. Or drive 2 hours southwest to Elafonisi (try and get there before the afternoon crowds), or 1 hour west the well-known Balos Beach (the latter requires a short hike or a boat from Kastelli)
- The island of Agii Theodori is located very close to the Hotel. You can reserve a one-day cruise to visit the island that is a refuge for the typical Cretan goats " kri-kri".
- For those who love horse riding, there is a horse riding center in Akrotiri, that organizes daily excursions at that area. You just need to make a reservation.
- The Port of Kissamos is minutes away and from here, you can take a boat ride to the pirate island of Gramvousa and the world-famous Balos Lagoon.
- Visit Milia Traditional Village an authentic 17th-century mountain settlement that has been transformed into an eco-friendly tourist complex that seems to have sprouted from the lands of Crete. Enjoy a daily walking trip around Milia - 2 hours, to the gorge of Polyrhynnia – 4 hours, to the gorge of Topoliannou – 3 hours, to the gorge of Deliannou – 1.5 hours walking and 30-minute drive (26km) to reach the entrance, and don't leave this special place before you try the typical Cretan cuisine that is famous for being among the healthiest around the world at Milia's restaurant.
- Around fifty minutes drive south of Conte Marino Villas is the beautiful beach of Elafonissi where one can get lost exploring the island of Elafonissi (Deer Island) which is unique for the cedar sand dunes and unspoiled natural habitat.
- Try some exquisite local fresh fish and traditional dishes from the world-famous healthy Mediterranean diet at one of the local tavernas or restaurants.
- Don't miss to visit the nearby Botanical Park, this new and interesting venture lies only 18 kilometers outside the city of Chania, in the foothills of the magnificent White Mountains. During the hot summer months (June, July, August), the best time to schedule your visit is early in the morning to avoid the strong heat. You can complete your experience there with a delicious meal in the park’s restaurant which uses only local, organic and seasonal produce.
- Visit Manousakis Winery and join of their fabulous tastings and tours.
- Would you like to learn more about olive oil? Just a few kilometers inland from Kolymbari and within a Protected Denomination of Origin (PDO) area, are the olive groves of the Astrikas Estate. Biolea specializes in estate-produced stone-milled and cold-pressed organic olive oil.Biolea's stone-mill was built specifically to welcome tourists and to hold presentations and olive oil tastings. The factory stays open all year: tours are by appointment only. Tel: 28240 23281.
- Explore the small, beautiful Rethymno old town (68 km), with its cobbled streets lined by pastel-colored buildings, Ottoman-era minarets, and Italianate churches and fountains, plus the harbor guarded by an imposing 16th-century Venetian fortress.
- Catch the high-speed catamaran on a day trip at unique Santorini from Heraklion Airport which departs every day at 9:45 am and takes around 2 hours. The return ferry leaves Santorini at 6 pm each day or you may prefer to stay for a night to soak up the island's magical nighttime atmosphere. Buy your tickets through our website.
- More uplifting activities in the Chania area.
- Check-in: 17.00 PM (early check-in possible upon availability)
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2 nights ( except 4 nights during July - August )
- Payment Policy: Please check here
- Cancellation Policy: Please check here
MHTE: ΜΗΤ.Ε.: 1042K91002965601 & ΜΗΤ.Ε.: 1042K91002965801
How To Get There
Conte Marino Villas is located at Konomari Village (Coordinates: 35.510124, 23.854615) of Platania in Chania Prefecture just 18.2km from Chania's picturesque town.
- By Air
From April through October there are direct charter flights to Chania (20.5km from Villas) or to Heraklion airport (156km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Chania-Souda port (20.5km from Villas). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: All Villas have a fully equipped kitchen that provides you everything you need to prepare your own meal and dining outdoors enjoying the lovely views. Upon arrival, you will find a welcome basket with fruit, Vegetable & herb picking from the organic garden.
- Daily Housekeeping service (Monday to Saturday) - Linen and towels change mid-week
- Internet Access: Wi-Fi access
- Swimming Pool: Private overflow swimming pool (32m2) made of Diamond Brilliance finishes with quartz aggregates and natural, clean and healthy surface, slip-resistant, stunning rainbow colors (iridescences) during different daylights in perfect harmony with field environment, big selection of color lights during the night. Yacht style wooden deck extended alongside poolside.
- Welcome: A representative to meet and escort to the villa from Chania Airport
- Guest Support & service 24hrs a day
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not Allowed
- Accepted Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard, AMEX
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English, Italian
- Parking: Parking Space for two cars at each villa
- Services On Request :
A light supper prepared upon arrival evening
Drink’s fridge stocked on arrival (pre-selected packages)
Pre-arrival grocery and supermarket shopping service
Breakfast delivered to Villa on the first morning
Cretan Cuisine meal preparations using organic produce from the garden
Telephone/fax provision for cellular and international calls as per consumption
A personal chef for meal preparation and/or special occasions
Wine tasting/cooking lessons
Privately escorted tours (vineyard’s, winery’s, excursions, hiking, etc.) & activities
Support planning for arranging celebrations/events
Laundry/Dry Cleaning service
Drinks and food delivery service
Pool heating at 24 degrees Celsius (winter months)
Maid or butler service
Contacts for special requests (massage treatment, manicure/pedicure, personal trainer, etc.)
Car rental arrangements
Doctor On Call