Dining: There is a breakfast buffet(served from 8:00 to 10:30) rich with local flavors. Homemade marmalade, local honey, freshly baked bread, traditional goat cheeses, fruit, sweets and so much more. As the seasons change Milia embellishes its menu by adding seasonal flavors.
At Milia, you will taste Cretan cuisine at its very best. Lunch and dinner are served throughout the day and evening.
Internet Access: Free WiFi in restaurant/central building.
Swimming Pool: Not available.
Spa Treatments: Not available.
Disabled Access: Not suitable.
Pets: Are allowed, on request.
Languages: Friendly, young, English-speaking management
Heating: Some rooms have fireplaces, others have wood-burning stoves.
Parking: Upon your arrival at Milia you will see a sign indicating where you can park and then continue the approximately 150 meters by foot. But only if you have much luggage, physical difficulties, there is exceptionally bad weather or if it has become dark, then you drive SLOWLY down the hill to your right until to reach the restaurant to the left.
Some extra valuable information :
Eco-sensitive construction using local stone and timber, with very few man-made materials
Solar-powered electricity (24 hours)
Healthy spring water in your taps and shower (but go easy on it)
Only service vehicles can drive into the settlement, making it wonderfully peaceful
Sitting areas or terraces in some rooms
Fireplaces or wood-burning stove (ready stoked) in your bedroom
Washing machine available for laundry loads
Cool temperatures, even in midsummer
A delightful rustic simplicity
Some advice regarding your stay in Milia:
1. Bring comfortable clothing especially shoes. It’s a rocky environment with steep inclines, so if you wish to do any climbing, hiking boots are recommended.
2. Have a flashlight with you.
3. Leave your hairdryer at home. There are no plugs in the rooms! Electricity is provided in rooms only under circumstances relating to health. To recharge batteries or mobile phones, you can do so in the restaurant facilities.
4. There is no need to bring bottled water. The local water is drinkable and of excellent quality. One small water bottle will suffice which can be refilled. Also, don’t bring anything along that could potentially create more rubbish during your stay. All recyclables should be collected and brought to us upon your departure.
5. Wireless internet is available in the restaurant as well as a PC that you can use at your disposal.
6. There are no refrigerators or kitchens facilities in the cottages. If you need to place something in a refrigerator, please bring it to the restaurant.
7. We don’t have televisions.
8. In terms of heating, in the winter fireplaces and wood-burning stoves are available along with all the wood you’ll need. Please be aware that wood logs are included in the price of your stay but please use with caution – for the sake of safety and economy.
9. The final 2.5 km of the road to Milia is a dirt path that narrows at certain points. Most conventional vehicles should have no problems. We ask that you use caution and drive at low speeds both day and night.
10. Pets are allowed upon previous arrangement. Just let us know in advance!
11. If you happen to have any allergies, please inform us. Also if you happen to have any sensitivity to some insects or small reptiles e.g. spiders, please let us know as all stone cottages are close to nature and some visitors may feel uncomfortable. We assure you that there are no poisonous snakes and spiders. In the last 18 years of our existence, we have never had an unfortunate incident.
12. All of us speak Greek and some of us very good English. We also speak Russian, French, and German.
13. Please come with a positive attitude. We are here to help make your stay an unforgettable experience. If it’s tranquility you’re looking for, you’ve come to the right place. If you’re looking for cosmopolitan fun, this is not for you.
14. There are no mosquitoes in the summer. And don’t forget there’s no air- conditioning - you don’t need it!