- The Theodore Boutique Hotel is located along the main coastal road of the vibrant and lively village of Agia Marina, 7 km West of the city of Chania. A prime beachfront location with endless views of the blue waters of the Cretan sea and stunning vistas of our namesake – the sacred island sanctuary of Thodorou.
- Chania on the Greek island of Crete– is a special crossroads of civilizations, each of which has left its imprint on the soul of the island and her people. Continuously inhabited for over 6,000 years, Chania boasts one of the most beautiful harbors in all of Europe with its Venetian lighthouse, quaint alleys, and centuries-old city walls and ramparts that await the curious traveler on a journey of self-discovery. Dotted with contemporary Christian churches, relics of old Byzantium, Ottoman mosques, and a 15th-century synagogue, as well as remnants of temples from Crete’s pre-Christian antiquity, the place has a special feeling of spirituality that doesn’t exist in many places.
- Visit Chania, the most beautiful city on the island, enjoy your drink at the old port or a meal in one of the restaurants of the old city. Walk in the narrow streets and see the different architectural styles of the buildings. Visit the naval museum that is situated at the port and walk to the lighthouse, this is the right point to admire the port and the city. Enjoy live Cretan folk music over dinner at many of the tavernas; or browse through the souvenir shops – leather goods, jewelry, and more others.
- It is said that the west side of Crete is the most beautiful part of the island because it is very green and it has many nice beaches. Ammos Hotel is situated on this part of the island and very close to Chania city.
- A trip by car I would suggest: To "Therissos" - you drive through a beautiful gorge. The village itself is historic and has some good tavernas like "Andartis". But if you have time, you can continue further to Zourva and come down to Chania again via Meskla. This is a spectacular drive (if the atmosphere is clear and not too hazy), marked on some maps as unpaved - but it is now paved. Just after Zourva there is a taverna on its own with glass windows with 360 views and good local food.
- Samaria Gorge is the longest gorge in Europe, if you like gorges, walk through this gorge and the experience will be unique. It is a long gorge, 16km, and you need about 6 hours to pass it, which means that it is not allowed to walk the long way if you have any health problem. If you think that 16km is too many, you can see the last part of the gorge. You have to drive to Chora Sfakion and then you take the boat to Agia Roumeli, where is the exit of the gorge, you just have to walk a few kilometers in the gorge, at least till the most narrow point "portes".
- Next to Samaria gorge, there is another gorge, shorter but very beautiful because it is very narrow in some points. This is Imbros gorge and you need just 2 hours to pass it. You can combine this walk, with swimming in Fragokastelo beach, as it is very close to the exit of the gorge.
- Falasarna, is a very long beach that is located on the west part of the island, 44km from your hotel, What makes this beach so unique, is the length, you can walk along the sandy beach for a lot of time. Or drive 2 hours southwest to Elafonisi (try and get there before the afternoon crowds), or 1 hour west the well-known Balos Beach (the latter requires a short hike or a boat from Kastelli)
- The island of Agii Theodori is located very close to the Hotel. You can reserve a one-day cruise to visit the island that is a refuge for the typical Cretan goats " kri-kri".
- For those who love horse riding, there is a horse riding center in Akrotiri, that organizes daily excursions in that area. You just need to make a reservation.
More uplifting activities in Chania Region.
- Check-in: 14.30 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy: Please check here
- Cancellation Policy: Please check here
How To Get There
The Theodore Boutique Hotel is located right on the sandy beach of Agia Marina and just 7 km from Chania's picturesque town.
- By Air
From April through October there are direct charter flights to Chania (28 km from the hotel) or Heraklion airport (147 km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Boat
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Chania-Souda port (25 km from the hotel). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: Delicious a la carte breakfast. Bar with small snacks after 11.00 AM
- Internet Access: High-speed WiFi free of charge in every room and throughout the hotel.
- Swimming Pool: Not Available
- Spa Treatments: Not Available
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not allowed
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: Not available. Street parking upon availability
- Bicycle rental: Additional charge