Akti Rooms is one of very few buildings on the largest and finest of Xerokambos' two sandy beaches.
You walk a few metres from your room to the beach, there is nothing else on the beach, which is always totally uncrowded, often empty.
Balconies (in every of 12 rooms) look out to sea, you can prepare simple meals, snacks and coffees in your own kitchenette. Windows are double-glazed and the standard of these recently built rooms is exceptionally high. All studios have air conditioning.
Few places allow you to be in such a close position to your own beach and the beckoning sea.
Xerokambos, in the eastern part of Crete is not in any way built up, so going out for a meal or a coffee or a drink provides the choice of one of Xerokambos' several tavernas, one about 300 m away, others up to 2 km. Often each taverna will specialize on any given night so that one may be grilling lamb, the other mainly chicken and so on. The quality of food we've found to be very good.
200 m away is a mini-market which is well stocked with many food and basic essential items.
The area has many caves, the splendid neighbouring bay making a magical picnic place. A better place to spend time right by the sea, in peaceful surroundings and dramatic mountain backdrop, is hard to imagine.
It may be that all you need here are a book and suntan lotion (though something to wear while swimming or visiting tavernas may be useful!).
Do note that Xerokambos is a long way from anywhere! It does take some time to get in and out of the area and you should allow for this if you intend to explore eastern Crete from here.
- Hotel Name: Akti Rooms - Xerokambos
- Area: Lasithi, Xerokambos
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting,Family-Friendly,Friendly Environment,Lovely Views,Peaceful Rural Setting in Village,Quiet Location,Relaxed
Why we like it
- Excellent quality rooms with sea view balconies and an exclusive position on long sandy beach
- The extreme south-east coast of Crete offers a gem with topography of sweeping cave-filled mountainsides, pausing briefly to house Xerokambos itself before two long sandy beaches and great swimming in beautiful waters.
What to know
- Hiring a car is a must and will allow you to explore the area better.
- Bathrooms are fairly basic.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Marvelous view :|
|Dining:||No||Family hospitality :|
|Children:||Welcome||Cheap & Chic :|
|Closed:||November to April||Nice atmosphere :|