Critamo is a fully-serviced cottage, a 200-year old Cretan traditional house nestled in Apokoronas Chania area, in Agios Pavlos nearby the picturesque Gavalochori Village a short drive away from the sea and near the picturesque town of Chania.
A family-friendly cottage which can accommodate up to five people and consists of two bedrooms, a seating & dining area, kitchen with stove, oven and BBQ, furnished courtyard and bathroom with shower.
Critammo Cottage is designed for discerning individual travellers who wish to relax in a serene atmosphere that offers peace and tranquillity and is the ideal base for exploring the unique Apokoronas area, the historic towns of Chania and Rethymno.
Its sister property, the Villa Athermigo, is close by and could be combined in one stay for larger groups looking to holiday together.
The house was built at the beginning of the Ottoman conquest in 1724, Critamo Cottage (previously known as "‘Amvrosios House") passed from father to son. It is fully in keeping with the traditional village setting and it has many features of local and historical interest.
Critamo (crithmum maritimum) is a sea herb and edible wild plant with high vitamin C and mineral content, found throughout the British Isles, the Mediterranean, North Africa and the Black Sea. Used in herbal medicine, it is thought to aid digestion.
- Hotel Name: Critamo Cottage
- Area: Chania, Gavalochori
- Why Go: Peaceful Rural Setting in Village,Quiet Location,Rustic,Romantic,Relaxed,Countryside
Why we like it
- A true challenge to relaxation and discovery of the Cretan traditions and the lovely unique area of Apokoronas.
- You home away from home. You will love walking up the cobblestoned path to your house, opening the wooden door, your private courtyard, the village atmosphere; the great local restaurants, great nature around
What to know
- The House is not suitable for disabled people.
- We highly recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Houses||Architecture & style :|
|Rooms:||1||Village Atmosphere :|
|Dining:||No||Cheap & Chic :|