Erondas Cretan Country Villas, two charmingly decorated and furnished traditional houses, dating from the mid-18th and mid-20th centuries, in a blissfully peaceful spot in the hilly countryside of Crete, close to the famous Arkadiou Monastery, the worth-visiting sites of historical significance of Ancient Eleftherna (vast archaeological site and brand new museum), Melidoni Cave and just 6 km and 10 km away from the lovely sandy beaches of Panormo and Bali.
A unique place built on the hillside of a rural village of Crete, Achlades Village, just 25km from the picturesque town of Rethymno Town and a million miles from the hustle and bustle of a big city.
The two houses, with magnificent views to the surrounding olive groves, are carefully restored in complete harmony with the environment, adhering to the traditional Cretan architecture and in complete harmony with the environment.
The local materials that were used for the recontsructing of Erondas Houses, include untreated stones, tiles of the interwar era, cypress trunks and handmade bricks and an old trough, adhering to the traditional architecture and respecting the residence’s history. The traditional elements and their authentic character were preserved and highlighted throughout the Villas: some exquisite pieces of furniture carefully restored, wall arches, wooden floors and ceilings, creating unique ambient spaces of high aesthetics.
Set in a lush garden, the fully equipped houses are totally independent, featuring lovely outdoor spaces, large terraces with dinning area, each with private pool and a stone BBQ area. Charmingly decorated and furnished, they each have 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms (Villa I) or 3 (Villa II) bathrooms and can accommodate 8-10 people comfortably.
Erondas is an alternative designation for the therapeutical herb, dittany, but in the cretan dialect also means love.
- Hotel Name: Erondas Cretan Country Villas
- Area: Rethimno, Achlades
- Why Go: Peaceful Rural Setting in Village,Mountains,Private Pool,Quiet Location,Relaxed,Village Atmosphere
Why we like it
- We love the beautiful villas, the gorgeous gardens, and the feeling of complete peace and quiet. This is a true retreat.
- The pool is divine and almost chlorine-free, so no worries at all if your children spend all day in it. Time to read a great book! Time for you.
- A true invitation to relax and discover the Cretan traditions and the lovely, unique area of central Crete.
What to know
- We recommend that you rent a car as other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. Note: You cannot reach Erondas Country Villas by public transport.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Villas||Architecture & style :|
|Pool:||Private Pools||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Self Catering||Eco :|
|Children:||Welcome||Village Atmosphere :|
|Closed:||December to March||Nice atmosphere :|