An unparalleled scenic location and crisp quality at a low price. Just unique.
Ferma Hill Apartments a small complex of 10 Apartments and Maisonettes, most of them with stunning sea views, recently renovated in superb south-east Crete, at Ferma Village, nearby Koutsounari and Ierapetra.
These simple and attractive apartments and maisonettes are set in an olive grove and on the edge of land that reaches out into the sea of Giorgaki Beach. A steep staircase (maybe not ideal for elderly people) connected to the property allows guests access to a private sandy/pebble bay ... bliss.
Giorgakis is one of the most beautiful beaches of East Crete, with fine pebbles and rocks that form caves. In the middle of the beach, there is a low rock that separates the main beach from a second tiny beach to the west. The tiny beach is the exit of a small stream of the area that drains the area of the Strongyli peak. Just before finishing on the beach, the stream forms a very impressive waterfall, 10 meters high, which has beautiful colorful rocks and dries up in summer.
The blue of the Libyan Sea, the fascinating beach, the serenity of the landscape combined with the famous Cretan hospitality will make your holiday unforgettable, special, relaxing ... Anna the owner is a great hostess.
Their exceptional position gives them superb views to the sea, olive grove and surrounding mountains.
All the apartments (some of them are split level-maisonette) come with air conditioning, WiFi and a TV. Each includes a fridge, kitchenette, stovetops, cookware/dishes/utensils, cooking hobs, coffee maker and a bathroom with shower.
Ferma is 24km east of Ierapetra, 46km from Sitia Airport, whereas the village of Agios Ioannis is only 4 km away and a few minutes' drive from the waterfalls of Milonas.
Explore other fairly quiet beaches nearby like Koutsounari, Agia Fotia, Galini, Achlia and Mavros Kolimbos or the interesting villages of Pefki and Agios Stefanos in the mountains above Makrigialos. Walk a small gorge in the area or visit the Kapsa Monastery nearby. Visit Ierapetra and take a boat trip to Chrissi Island (Gaidouronisi), with the white sands and cedar trees.
- Hotel Name: Ferma Hill Apartments
- Area: Lasithi, Ferma
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting,Friendly Environment,Quiet Location,Relaxed,Lovely Views
Why we like it
- A wonderful place to relax. Fantastic location and well decorated. The owner Anna is a great hostess and very helpful.
- Fish restaurants and waterfront tavernas on your doorstep.
- Eastern Crete invites exploration providing deep gorges, remote coves, monasteries, Minoan palaces, small mountain villages.
- The private beach is a huge plus... bliss!
What to know
- There is not a frequent bus connection down to Ferma Hill Apartments, We highly recommend a car rental.
- A steep staircase (maybe not ideal for elderly people) connected to the property allows guests access to a private sandy/pebble bay.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Beach/Seaside :|
|Rooms:||10||Nice atmosphere :|
|Pool:||No||Young Couples :|
|Dining:||Self-Catering||Cheap & Chic :|
|Children:||Welcome||Family hospitality :|
|Closed:||December to March||Family :|