There are settings one simply cannot describe. Nor compare.
True luxury lies in the distinct. Nativeness, clearness and splendour of hospitality are nearly bygone sources bestowing upon us inner peace and strength.
GDM Megaron Hotel is such a setting of harmony, a sanctuary of purist aesthetics, where one can breathe freely, let thoughts wander, enjoying the stunning sea and Koules fortress views.
Here you experience something truly unique!
The GDM Megaron Luxury Hotel is an exclusive five star hotel of 58 rooms and suites. Hotel guest rooms are tastefully decorated and suceed in combining comfort with luxury.
It is ideally located overlooking the old harbrour of Heraklion Town and just aside from the boisterous bustle but so close to museums, restaurants, shops and cafes; 5 minutes walk or taxi ride from the arrival point at the port from Athens and Santorini - the same convenience for departures and a ten minute taxi ride from Heraklion airport.
Megaron hotel is a historical monument, status symbol for the locals, erected in 1920 and converted into a Luxury Hotel in 2003. Since 2003 Megaron Hotel has become a unique place for business and pleasure. The hotel's unique architecture and modern interior achieve a subtle blend of luxury and intimacy not easily forgotten.
GDM Megaron is maybe the only luxury hotel in the city and offers pleasant and tastefully decorated rooms with high ceilings, modern furniture, velvet fabrics and high technology (free wifi), create the most pampering environment for its guests.
Book one of the rooms or suites with balcony and enjoy the views over the Venetian port and the sea. All 58 rooms are air conditioned and have high-speed internet access, Coco-mat matresses and pillows, a satellite TV and minibar.
Hotel serves an American buffet breakfast with delicious homemade cookies, the Plaza Cafe is also open for lunch and dinner. The top-floor Megaron 5th Bar Restaurant offers Cretan and Mediterranean cuisine and stunning views day and night of the harbour. Outdoor dining is available during the summer on the rooftop.
Τhe Health Club and the gym are located on the 4th floor of the hotel exclusively for the hotel's guests. The Jacuzzi, the Steam Bath and the Sauna are some of the choices you are offered to relax, revitalise yourselves and gain additional strength.
On the last floor of the hotel you can enjoy your swim in the open air swimming pool with the unique view.
- Hotel Name: GDM Megaron Hotel
- Area: Heraklion, Heraklion Town
- Why Go: City Style,Elegant,Friendly Environment,Lovely View To The Old Harbour,Nightlife,Shopping
Why we like it
- It is located exactly across the old city harbour offering spectacular panoramic views to the Venetian Fortress and to the old port. The Central market, the core of the social and night life, are just 5 minutes walking from the hotel.
- Superb and delicious breakfast with a lot of homemade delicacies.
- The hotel staff is so kind-hearted as well as efficient.
- The location is great: walking distance to the center while in front of the Heraklion port (very convenient if you take a ferry from/to the island).
- A room with sea views is highly recommended.
What to know
- To explore the island’s most isolated (and beautiful) beaches, you really need to rent a car.
- Free private open parking is possible on site, in front of the hotel (reservation is not needed).
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Mid-Size Hotels||City Style :|
|Rooms:||58||Architecture & style :|
|Pool:||Yes||Nice atmosphere :|
|Dining:||Yes||Young Couples :|
|Children:||Welcome||Quality of Service :|