Idi Hotel is a very pleasant retreat-like hotel (recently renovated) with extensive grounds, some resort facilities, wonderful surrounding nature, monasteries and mountains.
Set just outside the friendly village of Zaros, with beautiful spacious well-flowered gardens and fine trees. Swimming pool and tennis court.
Good rooms of several styles, with air conditioning, dining facilities.
Next to the Idi hotel the tavern Votomos (belongs to the hotel owners) serves except trout, carps en sturgeons out of their own fishery, and good local food.
Idi hotel is set in a wonderfully quiet rural area. It is peaceful and relaxing. If you wish to spend a day at the sea- it is a 20-25 minute drive.
Also, if trout is your fancy- this is the perfect place. There are trout ponds right by the hotel, so enjoying fresh trout is a treat!
Near the small picturesque lake of Zaros. The gorge is a well-liked and manageable walk. Many picturesque villages, stunning mountain ranges, Amari Valley and superb excursions by car( Moni Vrontisiou, Moni Agiou Fanouriou-Valsamonerou). About 40 minutes from south coast beaches. Wonderful getaway.
Perfect base for touring and hiking. About 7 kilometres outside the village you will find the manmade Faneromeni Damn, where the rich, natural environment meets man’s work in technology. Only 1 hour and 20 minutes from Heraklion airport.
- Hotel Name: Idi Hotel
- Area: Heraklion, Zaros
- Why Go: Countryside,Mountains,Relaxed,Pool,Restaurant
Why we like it
- The rustic mountain village of Zaros is famous for its natural spring water, it has a fabulous location at the foot of Mt Psiloritis and all the important sites nearby.
- A very peaceful place with lovely mountain views and warm hospitality
What to know
- Unless you want to go into Zaros, you'll eat all meals at the hotel's Votomos taverna
- The nearest beach is a 30-minute drive away
- Not a lot going on in Zaros, so Idi Hotel could feel rather isolated and sleepy (a high benefit for some)
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Yes||Cheap & Chic :|
|Children:||Welcome||Village Atmosphere :|