Libyan Mare Hotel & Suites, a bright, small, pleasant, quiet, luxury place with spectacular sea views, an excellent large pool, great for children, near Palechora's sandy beach and within 15 minutes walk of small town centre (three minutes drive).
This is a feel-good small complex, newly built and made entirely by stone, with just four suites, kind and caring owners, well-maintained and thoughtfully grounds and beach across the road, short walk to town with lots of great restaurants and cafes ... this place is astonishingly good value.
It is very peaceful and private, with wonderful views over the Libyan Sea and towards the mountains. The hotel is surrounded by beautiful lush gardens and has a lovely pool area with ample sun loungers and tables and chairs scattered under shady trees. The gardens are lovingly maintained by the owners’ mother.
Four spacious suites and four Studios tastefully furnished, accomodate up to 5 people, with modern elegant furnishings in light colors, big balconies with stunning sea views, promises you a pleasant stay. Each suite also has a designated garden table and chairs under its own olive tree.
The nude beach is just down the road. The regular sandy beach of Paleochora is 500 meters away, in addition you can also find super markets and restaurants, art galleries, cafe shops right in town 10 minutes walk.
A 10 minute walk from the centre of this quiet and picturesque village, makes this very convenient. Paleochora is a finger of land juts into the Libyan sea, sporting a pebble and rock beach to the east and extensive sandy beach on its west side. Wonderful cafes with individual styles and atmosphere; to a vegetarian restaurant or one late afternoon perch with an eagle's eye view across the beach, to the numerous tavernas.
A cool cafe at the Kasarma fortress offers views across Paleochora. A proximity to some pleasant mountain villages and relative closeness for a trip to Elafonisi Beach. A friendly place to be. Also a point to set sail to the southernmost island of Gavdos from, go whale or dolphin watching.
Walking and hiking in South Chania is by far one of the best activities to do when in Paleochora, your ideal place to stay in your walking and hiking holidays. There are numerous trails all over the area with a large variety, regarding both natural surroundings and level of difficulty but maybe the highlights are the numerous gorges that have been carved in the mountains by the rivers and streams through the centuries. In fact, South Chania is also known as “the area of gorges” with plenty of picturesque gorges even for the most experienced hikers.
If you're looking for a quiet but very civilised place to stay in this wonderfully unspoilt town, this could be the place for you.
- Hotel Name: Libyan Mare Hotel - Suites
- Area: Chania, Paleochora
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting,Family-Friendly,Friendly Environment,Lovely Views,Mountains,Quiet Location,Relaxed,Village Atmosphere
Why we like it
- If you're looking for a quiet but very civilised place to stay in this wonderfully unspoilt town, this could be the place for you.
- Paleochora a lovely and friendly place to be with a proximity to some pleasant mountain villages and relative closeness for a trip to Elafonisos and other great beaches. Also a point to set sail to the southernmost island of Gavdos from, go whale or dolphin watching.
- Walkers and those who just want to escape from it all will love Libyan Mare Hotel.
What to know
- You need to rent a car as other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent.
- Hotel is about 15 minute walk from town on an unlit road so it's best to bring a torch, or use Paleochora Taxis (only five euros for a single trip to/from the centre). You can also walk along the beach.
- Please note that Studios on ground floor do have partial sea views. We would suggest a higher floor to really appreciate the views.
- There are no catering facilities or bar at this hotel, the nearest supermarket is in Paleochora.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Beach/Seaside :|
|Rooms:||8||Cheap & Chic :|
|Pool:||Yes||Family hospitality :|
|Children:||Welcome||Marvelous view :|
|Closed:||December to March||Quality of Service :|