Monastery Estate Venetian Harbor, a small boutique hotel with 11 suites, a wonderful small restaurant, a unique spa, an original Turkish Hamam, an indoor swimming pool enclaved to ceiling height venetian arches... a truly exceptional and tasteful hotel with a rare calm quality - and yet be in the heart of the special town of Chania.
It was originally the mansion / castle of a Venetian nobleman in the 16th century, has been subsequently occupied by a Turkish Aga, a senior ranking official of the Ottoman Empire, and his harem until the unification of Crete with Greece in 1913.
It is located in a picturesque small alley in Chania's old town, and meters away from the harbour's seafront and its world renowned lighthouse view. It is adjacent to the "Saint Eleytherios" (liberator) church and steps away from the Ahmet Aga mosque, a living proof of the multicultural heritage of Chania over the centuries.
Monastery Estate Venetian Harbor after an increditble renovation (2017) is a mix of modern and traditional elements to create a harmonious space both relaxed and timeless that truly feels like home, a place that offers to its guests a unique experience.
A walled garden patio, an original Turkish Hamam (steam bath), numerous ceiling height arches, stone carved doors, and certain canopy ceilings and wall carved closets with unique Arabic designs are certain of the features.
Reconstruction works also unearthed under the surface of the current building ancient Roman walls that date back to the 1st century AC. Following careful restoration they are displayed under a glass floor underlining the over 2,000 years life span of Monastery Estate Venetian Harbour's location.
The 11 suites have been set up in a spacious manner including multiple windows with views in the walled garden and secluded alley that travel the mind backwards into the centuries. Seven of the suites have access to private terraces, certain of them affording unique views of the old town's skyline featuring bell houses, Minarets, fortifications, and the ever stormy Cretan sea.
All guests have access to the indoor and outdoor restaurant as well as a unique spa including an original Turkish Hamam and a swimming pool enclaved to ceiling height venetian arches.
- Hotel Name: Monastery Estate Venetian Harbor - Chania
- Area: Chania, Chania Town
- Why Go: Friendly Environment,Quality of Service,Relaxed,Restaurant,Food & Wine,Shopping,Nightlife
Why we like it
- Breakfasts at Monastery Estate are legendary!
- All guests feel instantly at home, while ensuring a sense of absolute privacy.
- Style in a Venetian setting. Quiet, private, special despite its proximity to the bustling waterfront.
- The dedicated, multi-lingual staff is on hand around the clock to meet and anticipate guests’ every need.
- Minibars are stocked with some free items.
What to know
- Not suitable for families with more than two children.
- You must book early, especially for the Suites with private terrace and hot tub.
- Please note no disabled access.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Architecture & style :|
|Rooms:||11||City Style :|
|Pool:||Indoors||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Breakfast - Restaurant||Honeymoon :|
|Children:||Welcome||Quality of Service :|
|Closed:||Never||Young Couples :|