Palazzo Greco Boutique Hotel, a delightful stay with gracious hospitality and incomparable sea views in a peaceful and elegant environment.
Palazo Greco is a beautiful boutique hotel with 28 stylish luxury rooms and suites recently renovated and a large outdoor pool perched upon a slope at Agia Galini, a small, labyrinthine seaside village built in the shape of an amphitheater which opens out into a pretty, picturesque harbour in the south of Crete.
The results are stunning.
Colorfoul, stylish, sophisticated rooms and suites with all essential amenities produce an elegant small boutique hotel overlooking the ever calm waters of this bay of South Crete.
A harmonious dialogue between an elegant country chic ambiance, the distinctive Mediterranean architecture, and the excellent services, makes Palazzo Greco Boutique Hotel a unique holiday experience in lovely Crete.
Agia Galini has some unique features. A small village growing up its hillside with harbour edged with cafes and tavernas smaller shops and a beach to the side of the harbour. It provides variety, entertainment, small shops and boat trips. The natural beauty of the emerald beaches, the rugged caves in the west, the myth of Icarus and Daedalus, the memories of the hippies and the tranquility of the sea, have made this village a favorite destination for thousands of visitors.
East of the Agia Galini port starts a long beach where the sea is almost always calm. The part of the beach near the port is very well organized and provides all the necessary amenities. It has fine pebbles and cold water, due to the river Platys or Amarianos which is located 200m east of the port. In the area near the river, ruins of an ancient temple of Artemis have been identified. If you cross the river (there is a metal bridge), you will find the second beach which extends further 1km to the east. The beach has small pebbles and is less organized as well.
You can visit Matala or Phaestos in 25 minutes or Rethymno in an hour, by car. Numerous villages on the Amari to Zaros and Spili routes beckon with the temptation of traditional hospitality and the spectrum of local life.
- Hotel Name: Palazzo Greco Boutique Hotel - Agia Galini
- Area: Rethimno, Agia Galini
- Why Go: Lovely Views,Pool,Quality of Service,Relaxed,Friendly Environment
Why we like it
- It's just one of those views in the world you can soak up for a good while.
- The stuff are really friendly and would help with anything you need. Beds are super comfortable!
- Delicious breakfast with a great variety of choices and incomparable sea views.
- Enjoy the boat trips to the nearby beaches and Paximadia islands.
- A convenient base to visit Phaestos, Agia Triada and Gortys three of the most important archeological sites in Crete.
What to know
- Agia Galini is another erstwhile picturesque fishing village that has lost much of its original charm due to the development of tourism ... but still a lot to show and enjoy.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Mid-Size Hotels||Quality of Service :|
|Rooms:||28||Cheap & Chic :|
|Pool:||Yes||Nice atmosphere :|
|Dining:||Breakfast / Bar-Cafe||Marvelous view :|
|Children:||Welcome||Family hospitality :|
|Closed:||November to March||Village Atmosphere :|