Porto del Colombo Hotel at the old town of Chania, western Crete has a great history.
Built 600 years ago, French embassy at the turn of the 19th century, later the house of Eleftherios Venizelos from 1905-1910, renovated 1999.
A sense of history and well-established history makes for a hotel with atmosphere and heart-felt hospitality with a very attentive service. The traditional architecture and decoration of the rooms in combination to the modern comforts will make your stay here more pleasant.
It recently underwent a complete refurbishment during which all utilitarian bedroom furniture was replaced by more attractive Cretan style pieces.
The tastefully decorated 8 Rooms and 2 Maisonettes, can accommodate 2-4 people, have high, wooden ceilings and double window sets in order to let more light enter the room. The traditional furniture create a very warm and cozy atmosphere, making its guests feel at home.
All rooms have bathroom, direct dial phone, TV, mini-bar, air-conditioning, central heating and make excellent use of the original old building's design features, resulting in special features and comfort.
The Hotel offers continental breakfast at the hotelʼs breakfast renovated room.
At the edge of Chania's famed, open all year round, romantic, nostalgic and most enjoyable Venetian harbour - many rooms have a view of this and beyond to the sea.
Surrounded by Chania's history and cobblestone lanes, many other restored Venetian buildings, its accessible museums, shops, countless restaurants and all the feasts of places which can be visited using Chania as a base.
- Hotel Name: Porto del Colombo
- Area: Chania, Chania Town
- Why Go: Classic,Friendly Environment,Nightlife,Shopping,Romantic
Why we like it
- Personal and friendly service.
- Central location in the Venetian Old Town of Chania.
- Elegant, in a Venetian setting, quiet, private, special despite its proximity to the bustling waterfront.
- Porto del Colombo provides you with free GPS Navigator for your trips.
What to know
- This is a Venetian building with rooms on 3 floors and without elevator (lift). Please discuss with us if you think walking up the staircase to your room might be a problem.
- You have to book early especially for the maisonettes.
- It is quite often fully booked.
- Lower rooms don't have any sea, venetian port views.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Architecture & style :|
|Rooms:||10||Nice atmosphere :|
|Pool:||No||Quality of Service :|
|Dining:||Breakfast||Young Couples :|
|Children:||Welcome||City Style :|