Scalani Hills Boutari Winery & Residences is a perfect escape for wine lovers, set among seven hectares of vineyards and olive trees within the Βoutari Winery just outside the village of Skalani, in Heraklion, Crete.
It is a newly built, exclusive boutique property, with just three spacious, modern residences.
This charming design complex offers luxury bed and breakfast accommodation and unique wine experiences in an atmosphere of tranquil hospitality.
There’s something magical about staying on a vineyard and we’re not just talking about the fine wine.
Standing just outside the picturesque village of Scalani, Scalani Hills Boutari Winery & Residences is ideally placed for visiting island's most important landmark, the spectacular Knossos palace, just six kilometres way, or maybe the great Museum of Nick Kazantzakis at Mirtia Village (6km), while the city of Heraklion (10km) is also within easy reach.
The three luxurious residences fully renovated in harmony with the surrounding area, they all take in a wondrous view of the Estate. In early 2015, Boutari has embarked on a new phase of planting with some more variety additions. The first full harvest following the replanting is expected within four years therefore you don't have to wait for a "green" vineyard.
Guest accommodation is three independent Residences in the old estate cottage of eight (08) people total capacity (Liatiko up to two people, Malvasia – up to two people & 2- storey Kotsifali – up to four people).
Special Tip: The complimentary Tour and the Wine -Tasting in the Winery is an integral part of each stay for Scalani Hills guests, making your experience trully unique!
Continuing on this gastronomic them, dinner can also be arranged in advance, drawing on local cuisine, regional specialities, and of course the renowned wines of the estate.
- Hotel Name: Scalani Hills Boutari Winery & Residences
- Area: Heraklion, Skalani
- Why Go: Food & Wine,Friendly Environment,Countryside,Honeymoon,Quiet Location,Quality of Service,Romantic
Why we like it
- There’s something magical about staying on a vineyard and we’re not just talking about the fine wine.
- Special Tip: The complimentary Tour and the Wine-Tasting in the Winery is an integral part of each stay for Scalani Hills guests, making your experience truly unique!
- Whether you’re an avid wine tourist or just looking for a quiet spot, this lovely boutique hotel offers a charming, peaceful and seriously relaxing place to stay.
What to know
- Every room is different with its own appeal. It would be difficult to choose only one as the best.
- You have to book early especially for July, August and September.
- Despite being just 10km from Heraklion, the hotel and winery are relatively secluded, so we’d recommend hiring a car to explore the surrounding areas.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Architecture & style :|
|Pool:||No||Nice atmosphere :|
|Dining:||Breakfast - Dinner on request||Young Couples :|
|Children:||Welcome||Quality of Service :|
|Closed:||November to March||Family :|